1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you get for Christmas?

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Chris Blount, Dec 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    So, what cool toys did you get for Christmas? I got lots of Best Buy gift cards and a 300GB internal hard drive. In January I plan to throw a new motherboard and chip into my home PC so the hard drive will work nicely with my upgrade plans. :D

2. Redster

Redster Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 14, 2004
    I got a bluetooth adapter so I can connect to phone from pc. She also picked me up some Altec Lansing spkrs.

Merry Christmas

3. jamieh1

jamieh1 Hall Of Fame

May 1, 2003
    Got a R15 DVR+, and a GPS fpr my laptop. Actually got them 2 days before, but they were gifts.

4. boylehome

boylehome Hall Of Fame/Supporter

Jul 16, 2004
    I got a Logitec Wireless Headphone for iPod and a Casio G-Shock Wave Ceptor/Though Solar wrist watch.

5. ntexasdude

ntexasdude Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2005
    I got socks, shirts, cologne and a few dvd's - the usual stuff. I specifically told my wife and kids NOT to buy for me this year. This year was mama's year. I bought my wife a stunning 1 carat ring. This morning she cried when she opened it. Besiddes my kids got video iPods, portable dvd's, new Playstation games and a hanful of other cool stuff. I can just play with theirs.:D :D

6. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    It's going to be spread out, but I got a folding poker table top for Christmas from my mother. The real gift exchanging comes this Friday at a party.

7. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    Philips 642 DVD player so I can watch my DIVX files directly off of the storage DVDs and also watch other region DVDs as well.

8. JM Anthony

JM Anthony Child of the 60's DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 16, 2003
    Best gift of all - the love of my family. And a priceless gift of shopping with my 17 y.o. for her 19 y.o. sister and how much genuine joy she had in carefully picking out every gift. Coupled with her sister's praise for how fabulous the gifts were.

John

PS - in addition to that, Season 5 of West Wing, a new sweater, tie, Sennheiser head phones and some motorcycle stuff.

9. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    • 8" LCD tv/monitor for the main bath
    • "24" Season 4 w/S5 prequel
    • an EASY Button - really useful, cuz with a stroke, everything is 3-5 times harder :stickman: :confused:

10. airpolgas

airpolgas Godfather

Aug 12, 2002
    2006 Toyota Prius Package #8
    Panasonic EH50
    Dish DVR 942

11. digiblur

digiblur Guest

Jun 10, 2005
    My favorite priceless gift of all... watching the joy on my 2 kids faces as they open the gifts.

12. dfergie

dfergie Hall Of Fame

Feb 27, 2003
    Lcd 15" tv/monitor to use with a pc... and a H10 D* receiver were the Major things... You will like the Phillips 642 Danny R... :) I want another one.

13. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule! DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    I nixed any tech gifts this year, 'cause I usually buy the stuff I need/want.
    Things I did get -- Lots of love from my family. The joy of seeing my grandkids open their gifts.
    Three bottles of wine from the Wine Botique, a bottle of Wild Turkey Rare Breed, a 3,000 minute card for my prepaid cell phone, fall/winter jacket, and best of all, a "Grandpa Flashlight" purchased at his school Christmas store by my youngest grandson, who turned 8 this month: Priceless!
    Life is good!

14. BFG

BFG Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    Polo Shirt
    Khaki Pants
    Fantastic 4
    Charlie & Chocolate Factory
    Batman Begins
    Star Wars 3
    3 Fold Leather Wallet

Did need/want much so I didn't request or tell people about gifts for me

15. Capmeister

Capmeister Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Sep 16, 2003
    Gift certificate for clothes
    Age Of Empires III
    a watch
    a Texas Hold-em Poker set
    a gift card I can spend anywhere (a MasterCard giftcard--nice)
    a book

And I'm not sure what else since I've yet to meet with someone else with whom I exchange gifts.

I gave out a bunch of DVD box sets to people, some games, and a printer/copier/scanner.

16. Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp Analog Geek in a Digital World Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern...
    • Dish1000
    • 3 DP Dual LNBFs
    • 2 DP21
    • 1 Harmony 880
    • Bullworth DVD
    • Mr and Mrs Smith DVD
    • Caddyshack DVD
    • Some button down shirts
    • Briefs, (Nordstrom by request, I like the fit of the Nordstrom )
    • Lot's of dress socks
    • Cash $30 from sister
    • Electronic Tape Measure
    • Verizon Wireless Gifts cards, requested from rest of family to pay for my new Samsung PDA phone

17. digiblur

digiblur Guest

Jun 10, 2005
    I'll chime in a couple of the tech gifts I got.

Sirius Starmate Replay for the car and home - I'm already hooked on Maxim radio. I got this gift about 2 weeks ago and haven't touched the FM dial in a while. Excellent for those service calls and frequent car trips! Now I just want to drive somewhere to listen to the Sirius.

http://www.gyration.com/en-US
    I got the mouse and keyboard suite. An awesome addition for the HTPC!

18. Laverne

Laverne Guest

Feb 17, 2005
    (They got a bunch of high-dollar electronics and..) My kids got me:
    -light purple suede houseshoes
    -pinkish-purple long-sleeved shirt with tiny rhinestones on the front
    -3 bags of Reese's miniatures

I decided not to get myself anything this year. Besides, I'm still playing with my toys from last year! :D

19. Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp Analog Geek in a Digital World Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern...
    Did I mention I bought almost all the gifts for myself, I did make my wife wrap them though. :grin:

20. leestoo

leestoo AllStar

Mar 23, 2002
    Sony HX715 DVD Recorder, Sony DVP-995 Megachanger & a Boston Red Sox jacket

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.