1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I need?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Combat Medic, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Combat Medic

Combat Medic Legend

Jul 27, 2007
    I've got a customer of mine that currently has Qty 2 x 211 receivers. He wants to go up to having three and he wants me to do it. I've never done Dish before, always DirecTV. What do I need to add to make this work?

Thanks

2. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    On one of the systems, "Menu" ,6,1,1, Check Switch.
    This will tell you what LNB he has and what sats he is seeing.
    If he has a 1K.2 or a 1k.4, all you need to do is run a RG6 coax from the dish to the 3rd location (one of the 3 on the left side).

If there is anything more, tell us what he has so we can make some reasonable guesses.

3. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Dumb questions time...

#1 -> How is he a customer of yours and you've never done a Dish install before?

#2 -> How are you able to do anything related to a Dish install if you are in Germany (like your profile says)?

4. Combat Medic

Combat Medic Legend

Jul 27, 2007
    Great. Thank you

5. Combat Medic

Combat Medic Legend

Jul 27, 2007
    1. I support his computers and he thinks that means anything with a power switch.
    2. I haven't updated my profile.

6. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Ah, ok that makes sense... I was wondering! :)

The other feedback you were given was good... A lot depends on what he already has installed.

Some installs only support 2 locations (especially with older equipment) and would require a lot more work to support an additional receiver.

My current setup, for instance, has the ability to support 4 receivers BUT I've never needed that many. My initial install back in 2002 only supported 2... but at some point the necessary equipment for modern receivers + SAT locations just came with support for 4 rooms... so I was good to go when I needed to add a third receiver.

Hopefully your guy will already be good for adding another receiver.

Feel free to let us know once you find out what he has installed, especially if you have further questions. More details will help get you a better answer.