1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does a switch check do?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Geronimo, Apr 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    I know it checks the switch. That part did not get past me.

But after that what does it do. And i guess I should mention that this pertains to DP 7200. I get a downloading info screen (and I mentioned in an earlier post that it said 5 minutes until the other day) but does it downlaod guide info?

One reason I have used it in the past is that it does NOT seem to get rid of my 7 day guide. But, some others seem to indicate that it does.

So i hope someone can clarify.

Thanks

2. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Switch Check on the DISHPlayer does check the switch as you indicate. It also puts the receiver in the mode requiring new Channel map info. The 8 minute download goes through all the available programming and sets the correct transponder info and blackout info. This download also would cause the unsubscribed channels to darken in the guide for the next day or two.

3. Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski Banned User

Mar 21, 2002
    John almost correct, the 8 min download is only on the Dishplayer units.

A Check switch checks to figure out what kind of switch you have, which satellites your switch can see, downloads channels maps, blackout info and initial guide download.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.