1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does DirecTV charge bars & restaurants?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by TMan, Nov 26, 2012.

1. TMan

TMan Legend

Oct 30, 2007
    I'm just curious. How much do bars and restaurants pay for DirecTV?

For example, say a sports bar wants to have all the Sunday Ticket games running on multiple screens throughout their dining room.

Do they still charge per television? Perhaps per tuned channel, with each potentially mirrored to multiple screens? Is there a factor for the rated guest capacity of the room?

I would imagine the Sunday Ticket on a commercial account in a situation like this would be outrageously more expensive than a home account. Same for the main package.

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    It's based on fire code occupancy, if the televisions are in a public area, as well as per receiver. If the TVs are in a private area it's almost the same as a home account.

And yes, it is quite a bit more expensive for bars and restaurants to have Sunday Ticket, but it's a proven moneymaker.

3. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    It's based on fire capacity of the room for sports packages... and it's A LOT more expensive.

4. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    If you're that curious go to their website. On top of their home page you'll see Businesses. Click on that and the business account page will come up with the information you're interested in.

5. TMan

TMan Legend

Oct 30, 2007
    Yeah, I looked around in there a bit, but it seems like it's not going to tell you much without getting in touch with an actual sales rep.

As I have no real reason to be inquiring beyond curiosity, it's not something I would pursue.

6. Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2006
    A Galaxy...
    http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/business

Go to the above and click on what type of business then choose "more info".... then select TV Packages from the available tabs.

It will let you then select a package and show the price based on fire code occupancy.

7. TMan

TMan Legend

Oct 30, 2007
    Ah, that shows more info. Thanks.

8. celticpride

celticpride Icon

Sep 6, 2006
    I wonder if any bars or restaurants carry nba league pass?

9. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Yeah they do.

10. TMan

TMan Legend

Oct 30, 2007
    Bar/restaurant with fire code capacity of 2,001-5,000 people: $57,375 for the Sunday Ticket. :D

11. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    the sports book can cover that easy.

12. Justin23

Justin23 Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    No matter where the TV's are located in a Bar & Restaurant, it has to be B&R pricing...even if the TV's will be just in the back.

There are monthly receiver fees for Bar & Restaurant customers, but it isn't for every package and it starts with the 3rd receiver.

Another huge advantage D* has for B&R customers is the free MVP Marketing Program that helps those customers market & promote their establishments.

13. Justin23

Justin23 Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    A few sports packages are EVO-based (Estimated Viewing Occupancy)...

14. Joe Spears

Joe Spears Duplicate User (Account Closed)

Dec 24, 2010
    Did commercial accounts get the HD GUI? Because I was in BWW recently and noticed when they opened the EPG it was the old blue SD GUI...

15. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Sure they didnt just have SD receivers hooked up to their HD screens?

16. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    You're correct; I can easily see where my post was misunderstood. Thank you for correcting it. What I meant to say was, if you are in a business where the TVs are in a public area, it is based on fire code occupancy. If your business does not have such a public area (for example in an office setting) the price is quite similar to residential pricing.

I hope that clears things up.

17. Joe Spears

Joe Spears Duplicate User (Account Closed)

Dec 24, 2010
    100% positive (had the HD tags beside programming in the EPG also), they actually use a matrix switch as well. Could it be they had old HD receivers maybe H20 model which I thought might not have been updated to the HD GUI but not sure?

18. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    True, the H20 did not get the GUI. I've seen places with receivers racked, so figured those would be the 21-pro but obviously not everyone does it that way.

19. Rickt1962

Rickt1962 Legend

Jul 17, 2012
    Yea DTV is crazy with the pricing of Clubs our Club here in PA and they want over $ 57,000.00 Dollars a year to watch Foot ball ! :mad: So we can stop in have a beer and watch a game ! Alot of our members dropped them :hurah: Greedy ! for games that are televised for free over the air ! :nono2: Geesh our membership is $ 50 bucks a year !

20. Justin23

Justin23 Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    How big is your club?