1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does DISH consider a NEW CUSTOMER?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by rickaren, Apr 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rickaren

rickaren AllStar

Jan 22, 2003
    What does DISH consider a NEW CUSTOMER? Had DISH about five years ago and have moved to another home and different phone number but still have the same Social Security number! Does this mean I'm not eligible for their new VOOM OFFER? I presently have VOOM (still working) and DirecTV. I sold DISH for a while with cell phones and when I ran into this problem I used the Wife's SS number and credit card. Do I need to do this now for myself? Thanks!!

Eligibility. Services and equipment must be ordered, installed, and activated between and including April 14, 2005 and July 31, 2005 . This offer is limited to new, first-time residential DISH Network subscribers who: (1) reside in the continental United States, Hawaii, or certain sections of the Anchorage, Alaska metropolitan area that have been determined by DISH Network in its sole discretion to be eligible locations under this promotion; (2) provide DISH Network with a valid major credit card number issued to the customer who signs this Agreement; (3) provide DISH Network with the Social Security number issued to the customer who signs this Agreement; and (4) receive credit approval. If you reside in Alaska , you represent and warrant that you have confirmed with your participating retailer that your residence is within an area that has been determined by DISH Network to be an eligible location under this promotion. Only one participant is allowed per household. This offer may not be combined with any other offer. Standard professional installation of up to four receivers (or only up to two receivers for subscribers who purchase International programming other than DISH Latino and Great Wall TV Package) to up to four televisions, a DISH 500 antenna (or a SuperDISH antenna where required for local channel packages or International programming, or a 24-inch or larger DISH 300 antenna for residents of Hawaii and eligible locations within the Anchorage, Alaska metropolitan area) and mounting hardware is included. In certain installations, additional equipment may be required and additional fees may apply. For installations performed for residents of Hawaii who purchase America ’s Top 180, DISH Latino, DISH Latino Dos, DISH Latino Max, or any programming package which includes high definition programming, additional equipment will be required and additional fees may apply. For installations performed for residents in the continental United States who purchase International programming broadcast from a wing satellite (61.5 or 148) location, an additional purchase of a second antenna will be required and additional fees may apply. For installations performed for residents of eligible locations within the Anchorage , Alaska metropolitan area, an additional purchase of a 24-inch or larger DISH 300 antenna will be required and additional fees may apply. Maximum of four total tuners per account. Maximum of one model 522 receiver per account. Maximum of one model 625 receiver per account. Maximum of one model 942 receiver per account. Maximum of two model 811 receivers per account. DISH Network shall determine eligibility for participation, including without limitation the number of receivers to be provided, in its sole discretion and reserves the right to deny eligibility for any reason.

2. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    Someone that has not had Dish Network in the same household.

3. rickaren

rickaren AllStar

Jan 22, 2003
    Thanks Jacob!

Strange that after some time has passed you would not be considered a New Customer! Think they would be interestered in someone that had a good payment history. My Mom didn't want to pay to have an un-listed phone number several years ago, so she listed it in the DOGS name, and the DOG received a credit card in the mail! Well only two of us and cat doesn't have a credit card, but does watch HD!

4. garypen

garypen Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 1, 2004
    You can join through SBC as a new customer, if you haven't subscribed to Dish for at least 6 months. I don't know if they offer the same Voom deal.

5. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    Dish does not want to have to pay twice (or more) for the same customer.

6. rickaren

rickaren AllStar

Jan 22, 2003
    Garypen:

Thanks for your suggestion to call SBC, but they called DISH today and was told this OFFER for Ex-Voomers was only good by calling Dish directly. Thought that might be the case, but the Press Release last Friday did state "or contact your local DISH Network retailer". Still some confussion as to what this OFFER really is being released on Friday and starting on Sunday. Will call DISH tomorrow and see if they have their act together then! SBC said this was a much better deal than they can supply at present.

7. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Hall Of Fame

Jan 15, 2004
    To answer the original question, you are a new customer only once, but many promotions (like DHA) are now available IF you commit for 24 months.

Also, full SSN is no longer required to avoid the activation fee - only the last 4 digits are necessary. Of course, that makes it harder to run the credit check, and if you don't pass that, you don't get approved for a DHA account.

8. garypen

garypen Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 1, 2004
    If you don't mind waiting until SBC gets the Voom channels, you can sign up with them as a new sub, as you haven't been with Dish for more than 6 months.

Personally, I would wait. SBC will be releasing an HD DVR with broadband and home networking capabilities called the Home Media Portal. It's light years ahead of any Dish designed and built receiver, and is designed to receive Dish programming in addition to it's many other features. That, my friend, is worth waiting a few more months for. http://www.2wire.com/?p=11

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.