1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

What DVR's will I be getting?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by DallasM5, Jul 20, 2009.

1. DallasM5

DallasM5 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    I just ordered 2 new HD-DVR's today. Technically, they will be replacing older non-HD receivers and DVR's (although we haven't used those in years), so they will just be mailed to me.

So, what can I expect? The H-22 or H-23?

Thanks if anyone knows!

2. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Whatever they have when they fulfill your order. IF you ordered DVR's they will be HR models, not H models, the H models are just non-DVR's.

3. DallasM5

DallasM5 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    My bad typo, meant HR on both of them.

Currently have 3 HR-20's and whatever dish they installed allows me to get the full range of HD channels. Will there be any problem with the HR-23's?

Sorry for the simple questions, but I'm not a techie - just like the results!

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    The HR23 is just like your HR20, except it's black, has a larger hard drive, does not include a built-in off-air digital TV tuner (buy the AM21 accessory if you need that), and does not need the BBC modules.

5. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    You may get any of the HR2x series. You won't know until they show up.

6. xrobmn

xrobmn Legend

Oct 22, 2007
    Are they sending someone out? If you have 3 HR-20's already.. and you have all the tuners working on those 3, that's 6 ports.. a SWM setup would almost be full.. If using the Zinwell, you might need to get a bigger switch as I think it only has 8 ports.. Maybe someone can correct me.. But you might need some new hardware to power those bad boys unless you only hook up one tuner

7. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Just needs a 6x16 Zinwell multi-switch which the installer probably won't have on the truck.

Rich

8. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Naw, the 23 is just a 21-700 with a larger HDD and a couple of other differences. Pretty close to a 20-700, not as quick. He'll probably get a 22-100 anyway. Wonder how many of those things they have made? Biggest difference between them is that the 20-700 will run most eSATAs, but the 21s, 22s and 23s are a bit pickier about which eSATA will work.

Rich