1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What good things happened to you or did you do this week?

Discussion in 'The OT' started by dirtyblueshirt, Jun 5, 2010.

1. dirtyblueshirt

dirtyblueshirt Under Suspicion

Dec 6, 2008
    Anaheim, CA
    I got promoted to E6 (Petty Officer First Class). I get paid in 6 months for it though.

I also decided to try my hand at baking (I'm getting good at 'experimental cooking'). Today I decided to make a batch of brownies from scratch. With Ghiradelli cocoa powder, the gooey kind without nuts.

Tonight I'll try my hand at frying up some chicken strips, making my own fried chicken fingers or something...

So, what did you do, or what happened this week to you that was good and made you content and happy?

2. Matt9876

Matt9876 Hall Of Fame

Oct 11, 2007
    Congratulations on the promotion :)

I'm looking for work right now and not having much luck in the endeavor,Hoping the coming week will be more fruitful.

The brownies sound great,I bake a batch of banana nut muffins every Sunday.

3. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone DBSTalk Club

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    I guy in front of me at an intersection stayed behind the white line when we needed to turn left (instead of proceeding into the intersection and completing the turn when you can , or when the light turns yellow) and as a result we had to sit there for an entire light cycle.

I decided not to flip him off and felt good about it.

4. Polardog

Polardog Legend

Mar 4, 2008
    My oldest sister & I took our youngest sister out for Thai food today for her 58th birthday. Food was great. We chipped in to buy her a new Sony BluRay DVD player. After dinner the birthday girl decided she wanted a new home theatre in a box to compliment the new BluRay player. So off to Electronics Expo we went where she bought a Yamaha boxed set complete with 600 watt amp, sub & 5 speakers.
    I set the whole surround sound thing up for her once we got back to her place. Sounds great.
    She got a good deal with the boxed set, cables & a few DVD's for a bit over $400.00.

To top things off I filled my car with reg gas on the way home for $2.53 per gal. This was in Andover NJ on route 206.

5. navy8ball

navy8ball Legend/Supporter

Mar 23, 2002
    Finally got a new roof and front deck for my house.I applied for a govt. loan 2 years ago and the roof and deck was just finished Friday.

6. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    My 80 year old dad returned home after a stint in the hospital where he almost passed.

7. jeffshoaf

jeffshoaf Icon

Jun 17, 2006
    I woke up and discovered that I was still alive. Which was good, even though I really didn't want to get out of bed!