1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happened to CBS HD

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Pete0426, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pete0426

Pete0426 DBSTalk Club Member

Sep 16, 2004
    I live in Milwaukee Wisconsin. Just hooked up a HD10-250 in the Great Room. We receive our OTA CBS HD channels on frequency 46, channels 58-1, 58-2, 58-3, 58-4 and 58-5. 58-1 is typically the HD feed to watch the CBS programming. The new HD Tivo has a strange problem. When I tune to 58-1, the channel banner is displayed for the program being shown, but, then I get the message "Searching for signal: Antenna in". If I go to setup and check my signal strength it indicates a signal of 80+. If I go to channel 58-2 the channel banner displays the program that should be on 58-2, but, the program on screen is what is showing on 58-1. When I go to 58-3 the channel banner displays the program that should be on 58-3, but, the program on screen is what is showing on 58-2. The program guide is correct as to what the programming should be. It seems that the live programming is out of sequence. I have two other hd receivers in the house and neither receiver has this problem. I have plugged the HD Tivo receiver into a location that is working properly and I continue to get the same problem. I have also taken one of my other receivers and hooked it up in the Great Room and it works fine. Directv sent me a new HD Tivo and it has the same problem as the original. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Looks like bad guide data and/or the PSIP data stream is also messed up. Try a reboot.

3. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Try channel 1.1. The company that owns the station likes to play with the PSIP standard and puts their stations a remapped channel 1 (they do the same thing with WCIU-DT in Chicago).

4. Pete0426

Pete0426 DBSTalk Club Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Channel 1.1 works except there is no channel guide information for 1.1. Makes it difficult to set up programming.

5. Rick Sass

Rick Sass Cool Member

Jul 11, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.