1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

what happened to HDNet??

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by olds403, Apr 4, 2013.

1. olds403

olds403 Godfather

Nov 20, 2007
    What happened to HDNet, it is no longer in my channel listing and does not appear to be available. Also HDNet Movies moved to 130 and is not grouped with the rest of the BlockBuster channels.

2. mcrutland

mcrutland Legend

Dec 29, 2004
    It became AXS TV. Ch 167.

3. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    HDNet became AXS a while back, I forget how long ago... and both HDNet Movies and AXS (the old HDNet) moved to new mapdown locations just this week.

I posted a similar question in James Long's uplink thread because I was surprised when these moved yesterday too.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?p=3204857#post3204857

4. BillJ

BillJ Icon

May 5, 2005
    Well so much for the theory DISH was going to make channel locations more logical. Yup, AXS fits right in between music channels and children's channels. NOT!

5. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    Uhhh AXS is predominately a music channel.... very logical position.

6. olds403

olds403 Godfather

Nov 20, 2007
    I liked HDNet Movies grouped with the rest of the Blockbuster channels (Epix, etc...), not where they moved it.

7. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Godfather

Sep 4, 2005
    I look at AXS primarily for music content too.

8. dennispap

dennispap Icon

Feb 1, 2007
    Hdnet became axs tv on July 2, 2012

9. Willh

Willh Legend

Jan 1, 2009
    yes, as the others said, HDNet got acquired by AEG and Ryan Seacrest and rebranded to AXS TV, and yes, Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban still part owner of the network.