1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

What happened to m.directv.com?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by ThomasM, Dec 20, 2010.

1. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    I used to be able to use the DVR Scheduler on my cellphone but not lately. So I investigated using my regular computer and it appears that the mobile DVR scheduler application is gone. Instead, m.directv.com just redirects you to their irksome slow-loading home page which is not compatible with the simple browser on my cellphone.

Thanks, DirecTV!

2. cadet502

cadet502 FHNSAB DBSTalk Club

Jun 17, 2005
    I always used that for remote scheduling from my PC because it was always easier than negotiating the guide. Been a few weeks. Dang I hope it's just on the blink.

3. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Just saw the same thing... I hope it comes back.

- Merg

4. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    Scheduling a recording from the new online guide is a bit easier now, but not as quick as the m.directv.com is/was.

5. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    When I went to directv.com on my iphone I got a mobile page. When I clicked on managing my DVR, it sent me to the iphone app.

Looks like they are detecting the device type.

6. LOCODUDE

LOCODUDE Hall Of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    New York
    Will give it a try later tonight.....

7. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    Ditto.. I saw this on Monday evening. Much quicker than logging into the D* website. I hope it comes back, too.

8. RBTO

RBTO Legend

Apr 11, 2009
    I e-mailed D* and got the reply that my question about the m.direct app would be forwarded on to their technical staff, so it appears that the regular D* e-mail desk doesn't know what is going on.
    I hope this gets resolved because the m.direct page was the only way I could log into D*'s site with my "antique" browser. Their main flash log in page hasn't worked for me for about a year now and the m.direct was my way in (with my regular password).
    Hoping with the rest of you!!!!

9. mitchflorida

mitchflorida Godfather

May 18, 2009
  10. cadet502

cadet502 FHNSAB DBSTalk Club

Jun 17, 2005
  11. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    That's the m.directv.com site. Hmmm, wonder if they are moving it someplace else on their server and they didn't update the redirect at m.directv.com.

- Merg

12. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Sounds plausible. A DNS issue or something.

13. mitchflorida

mitchflorida Godfather

May 18, 2009
    Good luck trying to get DirecTV to fix it.

14. HDMike

HDMike AllStar

Dec 15, 2006
    Thanks for finding this! I complained as well and the response was basically "use the mobile apps or the on-line guide - This is an improvement so live with it". I hope this scheduler stays alive after all!

Mike

15. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    That could be the real reason it's gone. With the mobile apps now, the mobile web site is not really needed. I do hope it stays around as I don't have a phone that can use the mobile apps and via the desktop that scheduler is much better than the main scheduler.

- Merg

16. HDMike

HDMike AllStar

Dec 15, 2006
    You are not alone. Smart phone users make up only 25% of the market, from a report I recently heard. Although I have an Android phone with the app and its great to have as an option, I mostly used the scheduler on my PC either at work or home. It's the easiest and fastest way to search for a show and set it up remotely for recording.

Mike