1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happened to my Timers...!!!!

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by mithcman333, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mithcman333

mithcman333 Cool Member

Feb 7, 2006
    I've had the Vip 622 for a couple of months now - and like others I've gone through the growing pains (eg. software updates, reboots, video skips) but nothing was ever too much...

Until tonight....! - A big night of recordings (back-to-back Timers) NOPE.... not only did nothing record (bad), all my "Timers" are GONE (worse). It says zero, I had over 60 at last count..... it took so long to get them perfect...

Wife is going to kill me.....!!! .....lots of little issues before - this was a biggie tonight..

Anyone else have lost Timer issues.....????

Mitchman :mad:

2. DAG

DAG Legend

Feb 7, 2006
    I woke up this morning to no timers listed at all on my 622. In fact, when I went to create a manual timer, nothing happened at all when the final screen memo came up stating something about searching for programs. When I went to my program guide and tried looking ahead for several days, it quickly popped up a notice that my guide needed to be updated and when I let it, my timers magically showed up again! My 622 had already updated at 3AM today according to the counters. Another glitch to be added to the list......

Still patiently awaiting another software upgrade to "fix" all the new "features".

3. wcswett

wcswett Godfather

Jan 7, 2003
    I had exactly the same problem and none of my Tuesday [edit] morning shows recorded. I advanced the guide, updated it, and my timers all returned. The problem was exactly duplicated on my second 622 as well. I wonder if there was some kind of 622 hit or stealth "upgrade" last night.

--- WCS

4. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    First off. I can say with 100% certainty there is no such thing as a stealth software update. Second, lets keep in my the rules of the forums and stick to the facts and experiences.

Now.. lets try and gather up info here. This one sounds major.

Mitchman.. did you do a power cord reboot?

DAG.. What counter increments when the guide updates over night?

Everyone: WHen you say timers are you talking events or timers? Is all your previous recordings in tact? Are the timers going or all the events associated with the timers not showing up?

Do you all of you have OTA antennas hooked up?
    Dual or Single Mode operation?

More details the better.

5. mithcman333

mithcman333 Cool Member

Feb 7, 2006

6. Cold Irons

Cold Irons AllStar

Dec 7, 2005
    Just got my 622 activated on Monday, 24th (another story in itself). I use it (like my 942) in single mode.

Set up a bunch of timers for the week - all Wash DC networks - some OTA & others on the Sat HD LiL channels (mapped to xxx-00 via HD Priority). The 2 timers that I set up for for Monday night worked.

Tuesday (yesterday) afternoon, came home & checked the daily schedule & it was BLANK! All the timere were gone. The recordings from Monday night were on the Hard Drive AOK. Before I started trying to debug that, looked in the guide & had "no information" for all shows after the current time. Forced a guide update & then ALMOST all the timers "came back" in the daily schedule list! Had to re-set-up the two Monday night timers.

So - this was my case also - some sort of Monday-to-Tuesday overnight guide glitch appeared to empty the daily schedule list....very strange.

Redid all the timers last night & looked at the daily schedule again this morning & all appeared OK. Will check again this afternoon.....

7. fwampler

fwampler Legend

Dec 2, 2005
    My 625 showed the same symptoms. A cold reboot fixed it. Got back all my timers and recorded programs.

8. bairdjc

bairdjc Legend

Sep 22, 2005
    how do you force a guide update except by a hard reboot?

9. LtMunst

LtMunst Hall Of Fame

Aug 24, 2005
    Do a checkswitch. After it is complete, the receiver will re-download the guide before you can do anything else.

10. wcswett

wcswett Godfather

Jan 7, 2003
    1) Under "schedule", all events disappeared and nothing previously scheduled recorded.
    2) The guide only contained two hours of data until I forced an update by scrolling ahead a few hours.
    3) Upon scrolling ahead, the "guide outdated" warning came up.
    4) Selecting the option to update the guide produced a guide updating window that lasted for only a couple of seconds and did not show any progress in the progress bar.
    5) The guide updating window disappeared and all the guide data and recording schedule reappeared.
    6) This was the case for both of my 622's.
    7) Edit: one 622 has OTA and the other does not

--- WCS

11. sampatterson

sampatterson Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Aug 27, 2002
    Both my 622s also lost all their timers...

12. zeekle

zeekle Mentor

Jun 18, 2005
    This was exactly what happened to me last night when I got home from work. No OTA on mine

13. dishbacker

dishbacker Godfather

Jun 15, 2004
    Any chance this is related to the big move of stations on Tuesday morning to Echo 10? My auto-tune timer on my 942 that starts up Disney-E at 6:30a every day didn't fire. After the kids finished watching stuff, I did a power button reboot (habit from my 18 months of 921 use) and everything recorded just fine last night.

14. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    Good feedback guys. I suggest a power cord reboot and see if the timer events reappear.

1) So based on the feedback. No lost DVR recordings.
    2) Looks like it is not OTA dependent.
    3) Intersting post by dishbacker. There might be a correlation here.
    4) Looks like 4 or 5 people reporting this so far.

I did not see this. I am not on 61.5 is anyone that had this happen yesterday not have 61.5?

15. dishbacker

dishbacker Godfather

Jun 15, 2004
    To add to my Echo 10 speculation... I remember my 942 was set to KDFI 27 when I hit the power button on it Monday night. I know this because I was watching 27-1 for the Rangers game, and as with my cautous nature of living with a 921, I switched it to Satellite 27 (an old old 921 issue about leaving your box on an OTA-HD channel).

Anyway, KDFI 27 was involved in the move on Tuesday morning to a new spot beam on Echo 10. Could be a coincedence... who knows.

16. moman19

moman19 Icon

Oct 22, 2004
    Although I have a high-priority Timer set to record all new episodes of 24 on Fox OTA, the 622 somehow missed Monday's episode. It was not a rerun. The 622 simply failed to record it. I checked the schedule and next week's episode is set to record, so I'm not sure what to do other than watch it to see if starts up next week. All other timers seem to be intact. After missing the episode and seeing this topic on the Forum, I am suddenly less than 100% confident that all my shows will get recorded.

My 622 is in Dual mode.

17. voyagerbob

voyagerbob AllStar

Jul 14, 2002
    I lost all my events on the 622 on Saturday all of the timers were still there just nothing scheduled to record. Did a "hold down the power button" reboot and when it came back up they were all there.

A separate issue with my 508 was last night all of my recordings were gone but four. I had about 83 or so before. Both protected and unprotected ones were all gone. I did a reboot and then only had two recordings left. What is weird is that they were from the 21st or 22nd everything before and after was gone. Luckily I've been use the 622 since May 30th and had just about watched everything I needed to.

18. scob-dog

scob-dog New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    I ran into the samething last night and resolved by doing just as described above. All already recorded events came back and was in tact. I watched a couple to ensure they were still in tact. I am also pointed at 119, 110, and 61.5. My recordings were set to the local SAT HD stations, although an OTA connection exists as well.

I experienced this on my 921, 942, and 622. 522 recorded without a hitch, unfortunatley it was only set to record The Unit, all other show recordings were missed. Even though the timers are back, I hope they record tonight.

19. sledhead 700

sledhead 700 Mentor

Apr 27, 2004
    All my timers where gone yesterday. I did a powercord reboot and they are all back....

Dave

20. wcswett

wcswett Godfather

Jan 7, 2003
    If I had to take a guess at the cause, I would guess that it was related to some change in the guide data stream between 11:30 PM EDT Monday and 6:00 AM EDT Tuesday, the times of my last successful recording and first missed recording. Of course that's just a guess.

--- WCS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.