1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Happened To That Thread? (a Right To Choose)

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Eagles, Jul 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eagles

Eagles Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Dec 31, 2003
    Man, that didn't last long. When I viewed it this morning, my first thought was just that, "this won't last too long". For the unfortunate who don't know what I'm talking about I will explain. The thread was titled "RIGHT TO CHOOSE". It was accompanied with graphic pictures of aborted babies from various stages of pregnancy. Personally I disagree with the removal, but I can understand why the moderator chose to remove it. This is a solid dose of reality. Even babies aborted early on in a pregnancy have very distinguishable human features. This is why the pro-choice (anti-life) crowd screams so loud when stuff like this is displayed. This is the true fruit of their labor, not the sanitized version which they put forth.

2. JohnGfun

JohnGfun Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 16, 2004
    Well...I guess that is your opinion. :nono2:

3. Eagles

Eagles Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Dec 31, 2003

4. AllieVi

AllieVi Hall Of Fame

Apr 10, 2002
    I want to go on record as being in complete support of anyone who chooses to allow a pregnancy to go full-term and result in the birth of a child.

5. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    My guess is due to the inflamatory nature such posts can be. I don't think anyone here thinks that abortions are happy and cheery and most probably realize the unplesent nature of what really happens. But to post graphic pictures or links to those pictures, even though they may be 100% accurate, probably was uncalled for for this forum. Remember that this is a "family" forum and the need to remain "decent" should always remain a goal. Civil, reasonable discussion is encouraged, but just leave the pictures out.

6. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    The pictures were posted to the site. The fact that someone would post such pictures to a site such as this speaks more to the common sense (or lack thereof) of the poster than anything else. It's not even Friday

7. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    I did not see the thread but if it was as sdescribed I applaud the mod's decision. We have enough emotional debates without throwing gasoline on on one of the biggest fires in American politics. Even without the pictures the rhetoric on both sides hasa atendency to get out of control.

8. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    A thread about a thread - perfect! :rolleyes:

What idiot came up with that idea? With brilliant repartee like this, our new boss will shut us down fer shure.

Adios

9. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    I'd have to agree with the decision.

It's not like everything that is 'right' is pretty and graphic images of an aborted fetus are just as bad as what my wife had to deal with after her miscarriage - and I had to clean up the mess (and I won't get any more graphic than that).

Th problem with that 'wing' of the argument is that they try to tell people that women have abortions on a whim and that the pro-choice side tries to portray it as something it's not. These kinds of straw men arguments and lies do their 'side' no good.

10. TV Director

TV Director AllStar

Feb 13, 2004

I reported it and requested that it be removed. I also requested that the poster "Roger" be banned from the site. He far surpassed the line of common decency, taste, and tact...let alone the rules of this forum. There is a time and place for everything...this site IS NOT the place for that crap. I don't know if it was pulled because of my request, but I'm glad it was, and I'd do it again.

11. Timco

Timco Woof! DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 7, 2002
    Get it out of your systems now. As soon as the new owner moves in, we won't be discussing any controversial topics here.

12. markh

markh Hall Of Fame

Mar 24, 2002
    New owner? Did I miss something?

13. Timco

Timco Woof! DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 7, 2002
  14. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    I second your support. I support full term pregnancies and birth I supported my wife in 3 full term pregnancies and births. We even had one that went a week past full term. :D

15. markh

markh Hall Of Fame

Mar 24, 2002
    Thanks, Timco. I don't check out the Admin forum very often, it's usually just complaints.:) I agree with you, Potpourri is history at some time in the future.

I also agree that it was right to remove the pictures. It wouldn't be any more acceptable to post pictures of wounded soldiers in Iraq to show that things still aren't going as well as they could.

Gee whiz, I'm agreeable today.

16. n8dagr8

n8dagr8 Resident Rounder DBSTalk Gold Club

Aug 14, 2004
    I'm good enough, smart enough, and dog gone it, people like me! Agreed?
    :lol:

17. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    CUT IT OUT!!! :D

18. Halfsek

Halfsek Hall Of Fame

Oct 29, 2002

Almost like a Seinfeld episode...
    Actually, we'd probably need a thread about nothing; if it really were to be Seinfeldesque.

19. Roger

Roger Banned User

Aug 7, 2002
    Text Removed by Ron Barry.. Violation of Forum Rules. Roger I also read reply in this thread that Chris removed. The thread was way out of bounds no matter what side of the fence you are on and the reply was a clear violation of a number of forum rules. Your last post was also removed becaus it violated forum rule (g). And no this is not a freedom speech censorship or book burning act. It is just rule enforcement. If you would like to take this offline I would be happy to explain my rational.

I did not see the orginal thread, but based on the posts here I read I believe the correct action was taken.

(g) disseminate off-topic messages on forums promoting any product, service, web site, board or venture, or promote boards on the Service through unsolicited electronic mail messages to third parties. If a user continuously posts links to other forums or web sites giving the appearance of advertising that site whether on or off topic, it will be considered SPAM and the posts will be removed.

20. Roger

Roger Banned User

Aug 7, 2002
    "I did not see the orginal thread, but based on the posts here I read I believe the correct action was taken."

Par for the course. You did not see it yet you pass judgement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.