1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

What hardware do I need for SWM.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by barneyz71, Jul 23, 2011.

1. barneyz71

barneyz71 AllStar

Nov 22, 2006
    I want to get rid of my BB Converters. What hardware do I need to purchase? I am going to buy the DIRECTV AU9-S-SWM Five LNB Ka/Ku Slim Line Dish Antenna SL-5 LNB Combo (AU9-S-SWM). Will I only need to purchase a
    DIRECTV SWS-4 Satellite 4-Way Wide Band (2 -2150 MHz) Splitter (SWS-4) to run two HR24's? Will I need to run one or two cables into the HR24 to use both tuners? I'm new to the SWM stuff.
    Thanks

Current set up is:
    DIRECTV Five LNB Ka/Ku Slim Line Dish Antenna for MPEG-4 C HD Programming SL5 (AU9-S) and a Zinwell WB616 DIRECTV Wide Band 6x16 Multi-Switch (WB616) running two 2 HR24's.

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
  3. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    That should do it. ;)

4. barneyz71

barneyz71 AllStar

Nov 22, 2006
    Thank you!