1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What has DirecTV Dvr's got against debates?!?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by islesfan, Oct 10, 2012.

1. islesfan

islesfan Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2006
    Nevada
    Last week, my HR20 opted not to record the Presidential Debate due to a "programming update." Having been burned once, I just checked my scheduled recording of tomorrow's VP Debate, and sure enough, it's gone. I just set it to record again, but I have a feeling that I'll be watching on YouTube again. What's up with the DVRs not recording the debates?

2. wahooq

wahooq DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Oct 19, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    mine recorded fine??

3. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Don't have a HR20 but others worked fine. You might want to set up the recording on a different channel/network, maybe just that channels EPG is FUBAR.

4. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    The first Thursday night SNL show I setup to record and it got canceled due to a programing update.
    The program changed from being listed as "Saturday Night Live" to SNL Thursday.
    I set the recording that morning and it failed by later that night.

5. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    You could just set up a manual recording for the channel you want to record, during the time the debate is on. I don't think manual recordings ever get canceled unless there is a conflict with other recordings.

6. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    I recorded the debate fine off of PBS, CNN and NBC. I set up three channels just to make sure I got it but all my recording links worked. I'm not sure what your problem was, islesfan, except if the info in the Guide changes between the time you set up your recording and the time the recording is to happen, that recording can be cancelled.

As for why your DVRs don't like the debates, it's that darn liberal mechanical bias. ;)

7. wahooq

Oct 19, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    Thinking about it now mine was manual...

8. islesfan

islesfan Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2006
    Nevada
    You might be on to something, since both times I set the recording for Fox News. :lol:

9. wahooq

Oct 19, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    Tribune IS a leftist news corp!