1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What HD-DVR unit are DTV (bluegrass) bringing

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by rlockshin, Aug 13, 2008.

1. rlockshin

rlockshin Legend

Aug 14, 2005
    I am upgrading my HOT H20-600 to a HD DVR. I have had a HR20-700 since they first came out. What unit will the installer be bringing me? Is the HR 21 any better than the HR 20? Do not care about OTA as my locals are on DTV
    Will I get a new unit as this was a free upgrade?

2. Johnnie5000

Johnnie5000 Godfather

Mar 26, 2008
    No way to predict the model. No guarantee it's new. Could be refurbished. All depends on what is in your HSP's warehouse that day.

May be a HR21, that's all we're getting here. They're not bad at all. Only real improvements over the HR20 IMO is a digital coax out, bigger hard-drive, and snazzy black finish.

3. PlanetBill

PlanetBill Icon

May 8, 2006
    bluegrass in only has HR21's in Southern Ohio. Don't ask about AM21's for OTA, they have never heard of them.

4. dshu82

dshu82 Icon

Jul 6, 2007
    You will notice no difference between the HR21 and HR20. While did not really think was a big deal, I have come to like the black finish in the living room.

5. rlockshin

rlockshin Legend

Aug 14, 2005
    I was told that they were bringing me a HR -22 per my request;but I got the HR 21-100. Bluegrass rep lied to me and told me that HR 22 was in warehouse;installer arrived and called warehouse who said none were ever in stock. Oh well,no biggie as I do not save that many shows.

6. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Big surprise there. :rolleyes:

A CSR has no control or clue as to what the warehouse has in stock or what I have in my truck. They will tell you whatever you want to hear to get you "the know-it-all customer" off the phone.

They want you off the phone ASAP so they can get back to chatting with their cube mate or solitare or whatever they are doing when you called.

* Know it all customer comment is just a general comment.