1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What HD Movie Channels Currently in Premier???

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by 5678YN, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5678YN

5678YN Legend

Jun 29, 2007
    What are the HD movie channels now in Premier other than HBO on 70??? Currently pay $70 for DVR HD PLUS and $13 for HBO so for $17 more can get all movie channels. May be worth it.

Thanks

2. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    HBO and Showtime are the only two HD movie channels right now. Channels 70 and 71. That will change in September/Fall and there will be about 15 to 20 total.

3. 5678YN

5678YN Legend

Jun 29, 2007
    Mike yes I'm aware of the added HD channels coming 9/15 +/-. Might as well wait till the smoke clears on what's available then and maybe go to premier at that point.

4. wolfpacker

wolfpacker Cool Member

Jun 13, 2007
    I didn't think the DVR fee was included in the Premier package. I thought it would cost around $120 w/ 2 or 3 additional receivers.

5. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    Sorry 5678YN I miss read your post. Yes with the Premier package you will receive all the movie channels. You will also receive all the new HD movie channels when they are added. But as of I believe the 12th of this month the DVR fee is not included in the premier package anymore for new customers or people upgrading to the premier package.

6. 5678YN

5678YN Legend

Jun 29, 2007
    Mike yes I know premier includes all but didn't know HD content. That's why I asked which are now in HD and if the answer was more than HBO and Showtime I thought I might upgrade now.

7. forecheck

forecheck Legend

Jun 13, 2002
    I ugraded last week because I knew I was going to want the movie channels come September, and figured it was worth changing the package now to save the $5.99 a month DVR fee in the months and possible years ahead. Maybe if you call today and ask nicely they can still give you Premier with free DVR fee, cause I think it may be alot harder to get them to do that come September.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.