1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

What is a "library title," for cinema?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by mika911, Mar 6, 2014.

1. mika911

mika911 Godfather

May 1, 2006
    I was looking at DirecTV's promotion of buy 4 Movies in March, get $10 in Bill Credits a few weeks later.

One of the terms and conditions is that "library titles," are not eligible.

What do you think defines a "library title?" You think if it's the full $5.99 it isn't a "library title?"

Thanks.

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
  3. trainman

trainman Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2008
    Sherman...
    Did you actually check this link to see if the "library titles" answer can be found there?

I can't find it myself -- I tried a few different ways of phrasing the question in the "Hi! How can we help you?" box, but didn't see anything useful.

That said, my guess for the answer is that "library titles" would be older movies, so movies that cost the full $5.99 should be the ones that are eligible.

1 person likes this.
  4. mika911

mika911 Godfather

May 1, 2006
    Yeah, the link didn't work for me. I think DirecTV removed whatever it once directed to.

However, I sent an email to DirecTV, and I think we all assumed correctly (though they tried to tell me the buy 4 movies promotion has expired haha).

They told me library titles are 3D movies priced at only $4.99, standard def movies priced at only $2.99, and HD movies priced at only $3.99.

Therefore, when it's not full price, I guess it's a library title.