1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

What is a "power inserter?"

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by apco25, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apco25

apco25 AllStar

Oct 2, 2005
    I saw this sig : DPP-44 Switch w/ Power Inserter

What is that?

Thanks,
    Apco25

2. dahenny

dahenny Legend

Apr 16, 2007
    The DPP44 is used to connect up to 4 LNBFs to as many as 4 tuners/receivers. The power inserter puts a little boost in the works to amplify the signal.

*I think my definition is correct.

3. Marriner

Marriner Legend

Jan 23, 2006
    The Dpp44 requires power to operate. A dc voltage is 'inserted' into the rg-6 cable that runs from the Sat reciever to output #1 on the switch using what is called a power inserter. It has a separate power supply that plugs into the Wall outlet (110 VAC).

Some users have the power that comes from the sat reciever to power the switch and omit the power inserter.

This is used only to power the switch not for signal amplification.

4. Highdef Jeff

Highdef Jeff Banned User

Jul 1, 2007
    In the old days, the backfeed of 13 or 18 volts selected the transponder for the channel you selected. (And still does in legacy systems)

Dish Pro Plus technology uses frequency to select the transponder and works on a little higher voltage - 20.5 volts. The power inserter adapts the system to be able to have the correct voltage without having to replace all of the receivers out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.