1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is going on with HD locals`

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by ronrico51, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronrico51

ronrico51 AllStar

Feb 12, 2007
    I hear lots on this site about all the great new HD channels that will be coming soon, but nothing about HD locals in more markets. According to the list of HD locals by DMA, only 8 local markets have been added in 2007. Will the new satellite affect HD locals? I am much more interested in the locals than all the other new channels, though they will be nice too. It would be a huge drag to have FOX in SD only, with football season coming up. What is going on with HD local markets?

2. lwilli201

lwilli201 Hall Of Fame

Dec 22, 2006
    Missouri
    The new sats have 55 active spot beam each. Those will be used for LIL. Some local stations have held out carrage of their HD signals for different reasons, more money, carrage of all sub channels, etc. Besides the sats, D* has to have the infrastructure to get the local signals to the broadcast centers.

Check this thread to see if there are carrage problems in your area.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=68497

3. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    If you really live in upper Michigan, I doubt you are in the top 200 or so DMA's. Unless you are over on the Wisconsin side. You may never get your locals in HD from D*...what DMA are you in?

4. ronrico51

ronrico51 AllStar

Feb 12, 2007
    We get our locals from Duluth, MN. DMA is 137.

5. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Duluth has SD, so they will eventually get HD. The question is when....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.