1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

What is included with upgrade install with CCK?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by mdpeterman, Mar 9, 2013.

1. mdpeterman

mdpeterman Cool Member

Oct 24, 2009
    Hello!
    I ordered a Genie upgrade along with 3 Genie clients for my mother today. They also said the Cinema Connection Kit is required. She currently has a HR21, H21 and several D12 receivers. The HR21 is hooked up over ethernet to the wireless router that is in the same cabinet, but there is no whole home setup.

She wanted the Genie so she could record more than 2 shows at once and also wants to be able to watch recorded programs in the other rooms in the house (most other rooms, not all). We are keeping the existing HR21 and H21 which I know are both whole home capable. Does installation of this upgrade also include the 2 DECA units that will be required for the existing receivers? If not I wanna call before the install on Wednesday.
    Thanks!

2. samrs

samrs MANC DBSTalk Club

May 30, 2004
    Flat Branch, NC
    Whenever a receiver with a built in DECA is installed on a SWM system the computer automaticly adds accessorys. The tech is supposed to install them. Make sure all the receivers can share recordings before he leaves.