1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

What is the best external 2 or 3 gig drive for genie hr34

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by North_Bay_Guy, Sep 5, 2013.

1. North_Bay_Guy

North_Bay_Guy New Member

Sep 4, 2013
    I have had the Directv Genie since December with no problems, but prior to that I had to replace the older hd dvr 4 times in six months. I got more than fed up with DIrectv sending me used garbage, so I upgraded to Genie and got a new one.

I would rather put an external 2 or 3 TB drive on the Genie rather than have to put up with Directv when the drive finally does go soft, so which are the better external e-sata drives that can be sucessfully used on the Directv Genie Hr34..

Thanks in advance

2. North_Bay_Guy

North_Bay_Guy New Member

Sep 4, 2013
    I meant 2 or 3 terrabyte in the title.. but you knew that

3. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    There are tons of threads with exaclty the info you are looking for right over here:

http://www.dbstalk.com/forum/56-directv-tips-and-resources/

a 2 or 3 TB WD AV Green drive is generally considered one of the best choices....some guys like docking stations, some like enclsoures with fans...you'll find recommendations for both in the eSATA threads in that forum.