1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best way to do this?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Lauren, Dec 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lauren

Lauren New Member

Aug 16, 2004
    Question for the guru's here:

Let me first state I have Directv and will not get rid of it because it has the Yes Network and I like the channel offerings better.

However DTV doesnt offer the superstations. Outside of signing up for Dish's offer and taking AT60 without the commitment ( which does include install ), what would be the most cost effective way to get Dish ( preferably with a DVR ) with installation & with the cheapest possible programming costs and have access to the superstations particularly the NY ones so I can get the news from back home?

Thanks,

Lauren

2. Sparkman87

Sparkman87 Legend

Apr 27, 2002
    You could buy an E* receiver on Ebay and pay a local installer to hook it up. You can get just the superstation package from E*, it just costs $5 month to not have an AT package. But, I do have a question. How do you have YES network if you are not living in NY? That is only supposed to be available in the NY area.

3. Lauren

Lauren New Member

Aug 16, 2004
    YES is part of the sports pack, and since I take TC Premier I get all the RSN's. Some of the showings are blacked out and I get MLB extra innings for the Yankees.

As far as buying the equipment used or from ebay & paying someone to install it, I'm not sure that is as cost effective as the current deal with AT60 for 19.99 the first 2 month with the $49.99 activation fee and not taking the refund and comitting to the 18 month contract. Maybe there are better ideas out there?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.