1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

What is the latest HR34 software version?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by RMSko, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Mar 6, 2012 #1 of 13
    RMSko

RMSko Legend

Aug 23, 2006
    nm

2. Mar 7, 2012 #2 of 13
    Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    0x04CD for the SDGUI

3. RMSko

RMSko Legend

Aug 23, 2006
    I have the SDGUI and have 0x4cd. Is the 0x04CD above a typo (the extra "0") or is that different firmware? I had the HDGUI, but I had some problems so I went back to the SDGUI. D* told me the latest firmware addressed some handshake and freeze issues so I just want to make sure I have the latest version.

4. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    This topic is pushing the line, I'm sure you both know what happens in the CE program cannot be discussed outside of the CE Forums. Right?

0x04CD is the National Release for the HR34.

The has not been a NR of the HDUI for the HR34 yet.

5. RMSko

RMSko Legend

Aug 23, 2006
    I'm only asking about the National Release, i.e., the SDGUI. All I'm trying to find out is whether my firmware, Ox4cd, is the latest. Above it says the latest version is 0X04cd - there is an extra "0" before the 4, and I'm trying to find out if this is different firmware from what I have.

6. Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    They are exactly the same. 0x04cd and 0x4cd are different ways of saying the same thing.

7. Clemsole

Clemsole Godfather

Sep 8, 2005
    Washington...
    It realy means you need to learn how to type in the correct versiion number with out extra "0's".

8. Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    Thanks for that info.

9. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    The version numbers are in Hexidecimal, the extra 0's are correct.

10. DogLover

DogLover Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    They are both the same; they are numbers. Just like 10, 010, and 0010 are all ten. While you don't see 010 or 0010 very often, they are just a stylistic differences in writing the number. Since you are used to working with decimal numbers, you would know that if you wanted version ten, then all of those are equivalent.

In the same way, the leading zero on a hex number is just a stylistic difference. Using an even number of digits, with a leading zero if needed, is arguably the more common style.

(The zero in front of the "x" is an even more common convention. I have seen hex numbers written without that leading zero, but that is much less common.)

None of these stylistic differences can be said to be incorrect. However, since DIRECTV has chosen to display the version number in a less common form, it can be confusing.

11. texasmoose

texasmoose Icon

May 24, 2007
    I'm running 0x04CD, and this downloaded earlier this week during which time my wife was watching a movie. It used to give her the option, on our 24's, to cancel & download @ a later time/date. Not this time though, and she gave me some serious aggro yet again.

How is 0x04CD different than 0x04C9? I don't see any release notes for 4cd.

12. Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    The most recent updates don't have any new features they are just updates to make things work better. Under the Hood.

13. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    IS dropping the leading zero really a showstopper for some of you? Leading zeros get dropped all the time, but still mean the same thing.