1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

what is this why directv install it

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by albertldee, Jul 13, 2013.

1. albertldee

albertldee New Member

Jun 22, 2013
    fl
    i only have 3 D12-700 the guy put this on the line for just 1 of the box i take it off cause it was getting hot to the touch real hot
    if someone could explain for me (1) whats it's for (2) what will happen if i removed it, everything i read on google does not explain the difference if i keep it or remove it

[​IMG]

2. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    If you only have D12s, there is no use for a DECA at all.

3. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    It's the wired-only option DIRECTV installers now use for a "Cinema Connection Kit" (CCK) for coax networked H/HR series receivers.

But since you only have D12 SD receivers which have no networking capability, it serves no purpose for your setup and should not have been installed.

You can safely remove it.

4. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I'm really starting to wonder about installers after a few strange posts on here...

5. albertldee

albertldee New Member

Jun 22, 2013
    fl
    hmmm did i mention the installer that install this try to sell me a pole for the dish under the table, he said it cost $75 but he could sell me one for $45 cause without the pole he cannot install the dish, he said the pole that came with the new dish will not work up to code i need a extended pole, i refuse so he used a existing dish that was install on the house already, he install the above device and connect it to my router but couldnt explain what it was for, i call directv and they said i wasnt supposed to be charge they send out another installer the next day he removed everything and put up a new dish cause it's a new installation
    however i think he did not see this and left it cause i disconnect it