1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is up for HDNa 306-1?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by w6fxj, May 11, 2009.

1. w6fxj

w6fxj DBSTalk Club Member

Aug 10, 2005
    This morning (May 11) channel 306-1 showed up on my HR20 DVR. Anyone know what it will be used for? Would be nice if it will be carrying the NASA HD coverage during the work on the Hubble Space Telescope. NASA plans to use the IMAX HD camera during the repair.

2. CoachGibbs

CoachGibbs Godfather

May 23, 2007
    That channel has been there for a while. I believe they use it to show the few Mavs games that HDNET broadcasts, nothing else.

3. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    Channel 306-1 has been in my guide for several months. I believe it was used for some basketball games (Cuban owns the Mavericks) a few times. Otherwise, it has always said "to be announced". It's obviously a part-time channel.

The schedule for Channel 306 shows NASA coverage at 10:30 today (launch) and at 7:00 a.m Tuesday and 7:30 a.m. Saturday (all times PDT), so I expect we will be able to see some coverage of the actual mission.

Science Channel (284) has several Hubble-related programs scheduled over the next few days (some of these may be repeats).

4. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    This channel is only used to cover Dallas Maverick games and only in the Dallas DMA.