1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

What is Wth the Encore HD Channel 340 Video Quality?

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by Michael1, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Michael1

Michael1 Legend

Feb 24, 2010
    My gosh! Encore HD looks so much worse than other HD channels it's unbelievable. And this is a movie channel? It looks worse than most web video. There is tons of macro blocking, and black scenes don't even look black.

Is this a Dish problem or an Encore problem?

Michael

2. Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus Icon

Jul 29, 2011
    I want to say its Encore... I dont know but when ever I watch it in HD on multiple providers I've always noticed it was a bit subpar =/

3. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Feb 1, 2011
    Michael1 I have checked the picture here at DISH on channel 340 for clarity on 3 different size TV’s. I noticed in the day seen (Jurassic Park), you see clarity issues in their faces on 1 of the TV’s. What is the model of HDTV are you using? Would you PM me with the phone number on the account?

4. Michael1

Michael1 Legend

Feb 24, 2010
    Thanks, Mike! PM sent.

Michael

5. Hunter844

Hunter844 Legend

Apr 26, 2007
    I have recently noticed pixelation more so on that channel than any other. I have a Panny 55 inch plasma GT50. The audio also cuts out from time to time for a split second.

6. Michael1

Michael1 Legend

Feb 24, 2010
    Mike from Dish said that he noticed that some of the older movies have worse picture quality. I started monitoring this, and, sure enough, he was right. The newer movies do look pretty good, while the older ones are of varying quality, down to quite poor. For some reason, the compression on older movies appears to be inferior.

Michael