1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What meter do you use?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Nabisco, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Nabisco

Nabisco Godfather

May 18, 2007
    I would b lost with out my bird dog, but i hear of the super buddy and others, anyone better than the other?

2. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    I have an accutrac, I don't really care for it. I think the super buddy is supposedly the favorite right now. D* is coming out with the AIM which looks really nice from what I have read, I want one of those!

3. Tisby

Tisby AllStar

Jun 4, 2010
    Birddog here. AIM meters are being distributed to my HSP @ the rate of 12 per month as of now. So I'm anticipating getting one when I'm done with school and turning in my notice in another 2 years or so...

4. johns70

johns70 Legend

May 2, 2010
    I use the one built in to the receiver. Works fine.

5. lu6fqr

lu6fqr New Member

Aug 17, 2010
    First i use the satfinder SF-95 to get the best signal, and finally I use the build in smeter.

6. Machael

Machael AllStar

Apr 20, 2008
    I bought a used Birdog I got off Ebay....absolutely love it. If you will ever be needing it in a spot where you can't see or hear the receiver, it works great! You know you're on the right bird.

If you are only using it for personal use, this might be overkill.

7. Manctech

Manctech Icon

Jul 5, 2010

12 a month!!!! Were getting like 1 every 2-3 months! UHG!

I use the Accutrac III+

Works great because I mostly run service and re-peaking a dish with an ACCU is super easy if the dish is close.

It can be a pain in the ass but it was a lot cheaper replacement for my Birdog that took a tumble off a 20ft roof :)

8. Nabisco

Nabisco Godfather

May 18, 2007
    yea i was wanting to try a aim, i love my birddog, i can work it with my eyes closed!!! well except:lol: on a KaKu...lol!!!