1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What new shows are you looking forward to?

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Herdfan, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    Wife and went through the list of new premieres and between us are going to try the following:

Up All Night.
    2 Broke Girls
    Whitney
    Person of Interest
    Suburgatory
    Revenge (maybe)
    Last Man Standing
    Boss
    I hate My Teenage Daughter.

What is everyone looking forward to and are willing to try?

2. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    Person of Interest and Terra Nova are two I've decided to give a try. On the fence with Boss. If it had been casted differently, I would be all over it.

3. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    This will be the first year ever I don't put my time into any new network TV shows. Last year, losing great shows like Chicago Code, Detroit 1-8-7 and Mad Love plus all the seasons past. I have been fooled to many times by network execs with there canceling at the drop of the hat

4. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    Person of interest and Last man standing are it for us.. I might give Terra Nova a try but this type of show is not something I typically enjoy.

5. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    I hear you on that. Loved Chicago Code. But don't blame the networks, blame the viewers, or lack thereof.

6. JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Ringer
    Series Premier
    CW
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 (9/8c)

7. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    Actually the ratings were not as bad as other shows that were not cancelled, they should have given it one more season or tried it out on the FX network

8. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    My guess is that is was too expensive to produce to warrant another season of low[ish] ratings.

9. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    I would guess the same thing, it's just stinks for fans of a particular show that's on the fringe

10. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Terra Nova
    Person Of Interest
    Last Man Standing
    Homeland
    New Girl

That's about it for me...

11. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Weird, I always assumed you were over the age of 22.

12. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Shows I'll try:

2 broke girls
    Free Agents
    How to be a Gentleman
    New Girl
    Suburgatory
    Up All Night
    American Horror Story
    Charlies Angels
    A Gifted Man
    Grimm
    Once Upon a Time
    Pan Am
    Person of Interest
    The Playboy Club
    Prime Suspect
    [strike]Revenge[/strike]
    Terra Nova
    Unforgettable
    The X-Factor

13. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    For just about EVERY new show....
    Going to simply record them, and queue them up for a few months...

Wasted way too much time the last two seasons on shows that were cancelled after two months.

Plenty of other shows to stay current on, until that point.

14. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    My usual policy is to record as many new shows to watch as possible which, when you can record four programs simultaneously, gives you a great deal of latitude. However, you can't watch it all. So normally, questionable new shows are put on an external hard drive for a month to see what gets canceled. We do try out a few, nonetheless.

Last year my wife and I really were looking forward to a season of Fox's "Lonestar" after seeing the first two episodes. Of course, Fox canceled the show before airing the third episode.

Here's the new scripted dramas I'll be recording, and an indication of what I expect we'll be watching ("maybe" indicates if time permits we might check out the first episode and perhaps a few more before deciding if the rest of the season gets moved to the EHD):

[​IMG]

Because the appeal of a new comedy is so hard to accurately project, we'll probably check most of them out and probably will reject most of them.

15. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    One solution: Record all the series you can. Then wait to see which are cancelled "before their time", and then watch.

16. Laxguy

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    No love for "Whitney"? That's one for my queue, for sure.

A very helpful thread.

17. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    I will do everything I can to avoid that show.

18. Laxguy

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Do you dislike her personna, looks, that type of show, or specific content hinted at in the trailers, or other? (If you don't mind; I am prying a bit, but for understanding, not to challenge your taste. [Mine is very challengeable]);)

19. Relativity

Relativity AllStar

May 28, 2011
    Which shows will crash and burn?

The last new show I watched was "The Paul Rieser Show", how horrible this show was. It was cancelled after two episodes. I just don't understand how they can actually air a show without realizing its gonna be that bad.

I predict "2 Broke Girls" as a flop based on the promotional previews alone. Is this what the yuts of today find funny?

"Do you know the President? Yes. Do you have a horse? Yes. Do you know Paris Hilton? No, she's a hundred" followed by way to much laughter on the laugh track.
    and "Can you make a hot chocolate? ..{gets sprayed with cream}... nailed it."
    and, "Is this is where I supposed to feel sorry for you? " "A well adjusted person would." ..."I'm good inside..." laugh track. plus too many other un-funny lines.

I could be absolutely wrong, but my opinion is these previews are horrible. Maybe this is what the yuts of today find funny?

20. Reaper

Reaper Godfather

Jul 30, 2008
    In order of interest:

American Horror Story
    Terra Nova
    Hell on Wheels
    Grimm
    The New Girl