1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

What receiver is best.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by CarolinaGuy79, Dec 8, 2012.

1. CarolinaGuy79

CarolinaGuy79 Legend

Sep 9, 2009
    I have been back with Directv only for 3 weeks. I only had it installed on 2 TV's the Genie as well its Client as all I had at the time was 2 tv's now I am getting a third TV for another bedroom and I wanted to add a receiver, the TV will be HD and I can use the whole home DVR so would it be best just to get a standard HD receiver? thanks.

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    You could just get another C31 client if you wanted to.

3. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Or get a full H24 or H25, though you would need to get it from Solid Signal or another reseller.

4. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Why not get an HR?

Rich

5. goinsleeper

goinsleeper Godfather

May 22, 2012
    +1

If you're going to shell out more money, might as well have more tuners. I would go HR but if you only want an HD receiver, aim for the H25.

6. dielray

dielray Legend

Aug 5, 2009
    The best option at $200 is an HD/DVR, but you run the risk of getting a sluggish HR21-23.

At $100 you have two options. An HD or another C31. Which is better for you depends on your preference. An HD would let you watch and pause/rwd/fdw recordings. It would let you set recordings, but only with the default settings. It would let you watch live TV without taking a tuner from the HR34, but would not let you pause/rwd/fwd it.

7. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Good for you! Truth.

Rich

8. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    This is already posted by dpeters11

If you are going to have to pay $100 or $200 I would go to Solid Signal and Pick the model I wanted to buy ( still a lease but you choose the model ).