1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

What Should I Do With DISH 500 Antennas?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Jim148, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Jim148

Jim148 Godfather

Jun 22, 2004
    As posted above, I have just removed two DISH 500 antennas from service. What should I do with them? Should I throw them away, give them away, or try to sell them?

2. BeckiB@Dish Network

BeckiB@Dish Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    We do not requie the dishes back, so you can do what you wish with them! You may be able to sell them on Ebay or Amazon.

3. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    Birdbaths.

4. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    Ham radio operators have used them for the microwave bands, so they do have value. There is a picture of one being used in the ARRL Technician's License handbook (upside down, with the LNB replaced with a different antenna).

5. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    Don't know if it worked, but a guy bought 3 from me to experiment with as directional microphones for a church.

He was trying to mic 2 pulpits and a choir area from the back mezzanine area. Don't know if they would be directional enough for that.