1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

What splitter to get?

Discussion in 'DISH™ OTA Support and Discussion Forum' started by tmanmi, Jan 28, 2008.

1. tmanmi

tmanmi AllStar

Mar 25, 2005
    I installed an ota antenna to pick up local digital channels and want to feed a 622 and a 722. If I run direct to either of the receivers I pick up 14 channels on each. If I use a splitter I only pick up 2. The splitter says from 5-800mhz. Do I need something with a higher frequency or need to get a preamp splitter? I am running about 25' feet of cable to the splitter and another 25' from the splitter to the receivers. The cable is 3ghz tested.

Thanks for any info anyone has.

2. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    Sounds like you need either a preamp (amp at antenna, powersupply before the splitter) or a small distribution amp in place of the splitter.