1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do with older reveivers

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by WilliamPC, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamPC

WilliamPC Cool Member

Sep 12, 2007
    I have a H10-250 and a H10 just sitting in my garage. I guess with the MPEG4 conversion these receivers are obsolete? Are they good for anything? Are they worth anything? I see people posting these models and even older non DirecTV brand models (Samsung, RCA, Hughes) on Craigslist. Can they still be used and if so what are they worth?

Thanks.

2. jwciv

jwciv Cool Member

Dec 24, 2004
    I just sold my old HR10-250 on ebay for $105
    be certain you own it, as opposed to lease it, before you sell it

3. jodyguercio

jodyguercio Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    You can still use the HR10 for a nice OTA HD recorder. Thats what I am doing with mine in my master bedroom. They will still both work well for SD content also. If you own them outright, you can try Craigslist,Ebay, or local ads I would suppose.

4. jwciv

jwciv Cool Member

Dec 24, 2004
    how's that new staduim in NY? Think they're going to jackhammer up the concrete?

5. jodyguercio

Aug 16, 2007
    :lol: Nah just mean that when the Sox come to town they are going to be tripping all over themselves as the Yanks handle em as always beginning TONIGHT!!!!

6. jwciv

jwciv Cool Member

Dec 24, 2004
    game on!
    (well, soon enough it'll be on)

7. jodyguercio

Aug 16, 2007
    Not in CA....I dont have EI YET (still working the wife). Gonna have to sit here in front of the computer tonight.. But tomorrow and then Sunday night 60" of HD butt kicking.....

8. jwciv

jwciv Cool Member

Dec 24, 2004
    with that avatar, you can't watch the game? Time for a new avatar of something you're truly a fan of

9. jodyguercio

Aug 16, 2007
    Check your PM for my reply.

10. WilliamPC

WilliamPC Cool Member

Sep 12, 2007
    I aske DirecTV when I got my new receivers if they wanted the old ones back and they said no. That was 6 months from now but I guess it wouldnt hurt to call them. Need to call them anyway about a super loud HR20-700 that is driving us nuts.

Thanks!

11. lwilli201

lwilli201 Hall Of Fame

Dec 22, 2006
    Missouri
    Do it by Directv online email. Give all the info on the unit and ask if it is owned or leased. There reply is proof that it is yours. I did that and I have a copy of the email on file. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.