1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what will D* do for me?

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by celticpride, Sep 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celticpride

celticpride Icon

Sep 6, 2006
    Does anybody know what D* will do for me when it comes time to switch to their new HD dvr? I have 3 HD-TIVOS that i bought for over $2,500.00 a couple years ago i don't think my wife will be happy if i have to give up the tivos and pay more money. I live in so cal. but i won't switch until i have no choice or until i see that directv has solved their problems with their new hd- dvr.:confused:

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    What you get depends on many factors. The worst case scenario at this time is that you will pay a drive-off fee of $399 each. DirecTV should step up for the new dish, switch and installation.

Market pressures will be pounding hard on the $399 price once the supply catches up. The competition's prices went from $299 to $199 after a few months.

The MSRP is rumored to be somewhere around $799 for those who absolutely, positively, have a burning need to spend the extra $400-779 more for a warranty that expires.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.