1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What will next offer/promotion be?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by ExtremerNC, Jul 21, 2010.

Tags:
  1. ExtremerNC

ExtremerNC Cool Member

Jul 12, 2007
    thinking about coming back to Directv after a short hiatus (oh, i miss it!)...does anyone know what the next offer/promotion will be after the current one ends? really need to know so i can jump on the current offer or wait...thanks!

2. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Most current offers are for new customers only, if you have been a customer in the past, you would be a returning customer and may not be eligible for the same promos.

3. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone DBSTalk Club

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    It will probably be an NFLST offer.

4. scrybigtv

scrybigtv Godfather

Jan 25, 2008
    I hear DTV will offer every new customer a free DVD of Ellen dancing the Watusi. :D

5. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    Are you ready for some football?

6. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    Yep, Sunday Ticket with free Premier should start tomorrow. Of course if you called in tonight you could probably sign up for this offer right now. They aren't going to turn a potential customer away for being one day early.

7. willardcpa

willardcpa Legend

Jun 5, 2007
    Eugene, OR
    Isn't that the same as NFLST???:D

8. ExtremerNC

ExtremerNC Cool Member

Jul 12, 2007
    how does this offer work? how many months? cost?

9. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    Get 5 months FREE of our best TV package when you buy NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ for $59.99/mo. for 5 months

FREE HD service for life
    plus FREE HD DVR and HD receiver upgrade
    Get DIRECTV HD service FREE for as long as you're a DIRECTV customer. And now, for a limited time, you also get a FREE HD DVR upgrade and a FREE HD receiver upgrade when you subscribe to Whole-Home DVR service.

Every premium movie channel included

Over 285 channels of the best TV entertainment
    Includes over 35 specialty sports networks, like CBS College Sports, GolTV, YES Network and many more
    Get every NFL game every Sunday — in stunning HD
    NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ To-Go included at NO extra charge: Every Sunday NFL game LIVE on your computer or smartphone. $49.95 value!

NO extra charge for local
    FREE standard professional installation
    FREE shipping & handling — $20 value
    ONLINE ONLY

10. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    They are also running the $29 off the other packages for 12 months, but no free HD. If you go with HD DVR + MRV, you can get an HD DVR & HD Receiver for free.

11. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    The $29 offer was for a free HD DVR and free HD receiver as well.

12. linuspbmo

linuspbmo AllStar

Oct 2, 2009
    Does the Sunday Ticket and free Premiere only to apply to new subscribers?

13. ExtremerNC

ExtremerNC Cool Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Called this morning and they offered me the NFLST with Free Premier Package ($59.99) for 5 months for reconnecting my service. Said I could downgrade to a cheaper package after 5 months and keep the Free HD for Life as long as i kept autopay. Also, took off the delivery fee of $20!!! Requested a HR24, so we'll see. Installation date is set for August 4th and I can't wait!! :grin:

14. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Yup...that's the latest new promotion.

Enjoy.

15. ExtremerNC

ExtremerNC Cool Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Thanks! Can't wait to have it installed...then I can't wait for some NFL football!!! OTA is good for what it is, but I miss all the choices of satellite!

16. Shmirgin44

Shmirgin44 New Member

Jul 19, 2010
    I called yesterday and received the same deal. Also requested HR24. Install is scheduled for tomorrow, 7/23 so I have my fingers crossed. I was originally going to order online, but my address was not recognized by the system so I had to call. I'm glad I did as I got offered the NST deal as well as all the other promo's i saw online. I also logged onto the rebate redemption site and learned the CSR had completed all of that for me, awesome!

17. ExtremerNC

ExtremerNC Cool Member

Jul 12, 2007

Great!! The CSR i was talking to was setting up my installation date...she says, "We have Saturday July 24th and the next available date is August 4th. We are having a lot of installs in your area and the dates are being taken quick." By the time i made sure the 24th was okay for me, that day had already been taken!!! WOW I checked just a few minutes ago and the next available date is September 1st...i'm glad i called earlier and booked August 4th!!

18. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    I've had NFLST since day one. Tough not to have it now. ;)

Enjoy your new HD and setup.

19. ExtremerNC

ExtremerNC Cool Member

Jul 12, 2007
    i know what you mean...i've had it for the past 3 seasons! earlier this year i was trying to save money, so i thought i would cut out directv/NFLST....well, now that my Redskins are finally putting something good together, i can't miss out!!! Gotta have it!

20. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    Maybe, but when you click on "More Info", it says exactly what I had in my post: