I was with DirecTV for 4-5 years up until 7 months ago when I went to digital cable while I was in temporary housing. I originally called them to cancel the account but they talked me into just putting it on hold. My house is about ready and I would like to go back to DTV but I don't have the HDTV DTV/Tivo box and that is what I want and I am not thrilled about spending $400 on it. I am planning to call DTV and tell them that my cable company is making it very attractive to stay with them in my new house - competitive pricing, no $400 box to buy, no install to worry about, etc. in hopes that they will greatly reduce the $400 price for the Tivo box. I am sure they will want like a 2 year committment from me which is fine. Any thoughts on what kind of a deal they will make me and how hard I need to push to get it? Curious to hear experiences others have had. Thanks!