1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's up with HD?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by bllreed, Aug 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bllreed

bllreed AllStar

Dec 25, 2006
    Hi all,

I have a couple of friends that live within 5 miles of each other, with me in roughly the middle. The one to the south has a HD receiver but I don't know
    the model. The one to the north has an HR20-700, as do I. Mr. North has been
    getting almost all stations in 1080i for about a month, even though much of
    the programming is in SD. About a week after he went "HD" Mr. South suddenly
    went 1080i also. All 3 of us are just outside Washington, DC in Montgomery
    County, MD. I don't know their software versions but mine is 0x18a which was
    loaded on Tuesday the 28th.
    I called D** service about 10 days ago. They went over all settings, my package,
    my dish, etc. and could find nothing wrong yet I'm still stuck in SD on all but about
    12 stations. Of the 12 I watch 3 sparingly. It would be nice to get most all stations
    like my friends but I'm stumped, and apparently so is D**. Any ideas? Thanks,

2. Chandu

Chandu Hall Of Fame

Oct 2, 2005
    This is a wrong forum for these questions. Please repost in DirectTV HD forum.

3. purtman

purtman Hall Of Fame

Sep 19, 2006
    +1

4. Redlinetire

Redlinetire Icon

Jul 24, 2007
    If you want your receiver to output everything in 1080i (even the SD stuff) then go to your MENU button, select Help&Settings->Setup->HDTV and set the Native option under the Video tab to 'off'. Then make sure the receiver is outputting 1080i by checking the LED on the front of the HR20. If not, press the 'Res' button next to the LEDs until the 1080i is lit up. This assumes you've already told the receiver that your TV can support 1080i of course...

5. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Moved

6. bllreed

bllreed AllStar

Dec 25, 2006
    I did that before I read your post and it worked. Odd thing is my friends didn't
    have to do that, theirs just went to 1080 and stayed there. Oh well.....the shows
    still display in SD. Thanks for the input!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.