1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats up with the local channel swapping?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by music_beans, Jun 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 9, 2005 #1 of 13
    music_beans

music_beans Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2003
    I read the post about AMC-15 being activated and some locals moving there, so whats going on with AMC-2 and AMC-15?

2. Jun 9, 2005 #2 of 13
    chaddux

chaddux Banned User

Oct 10, 2004
    Did you read the entire thread? Obviously not. It's explained pretty well. That other thread was just started yesterday so we didn't need another thread.

3. music_beans

music_beans Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2003
    :(bviously yes! I just wondering what is to become of AMC-2. That means this thread is totally different from the other, so don't go marching to the admin to lock it.

4. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Beans. AMC2 is still alive and providing ALL service from 105°. The movement last night was in preparation for either adding more channels or for movement to AMC15. As the other thread (http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=42856) states, nothing moved to AMC 15

Hope that helps.

See ya
    Tony

5. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    E*, please don't add anything to AMC-2. It is nearly full now.

As of last nights changes, E* has two transponders at just about half full (TP 1 with 6 channels and TP 22 with 7 channels) and most transponders at 9 - 12. Without splitting markets (more than they already are) E* needs that space to have a free TP to test on.

No free TP yet but move Chattanooga from 1 to 21, Macon from 21 to 14 (leaving 21 full at 12 channels) and 7271-7272-7737-7845 to 3 (leaving 14 full at 12 channels and filling 3). Ta Da ... E* has an empty TP to use for testing.

There are a few other combinations that would free a TP, but adding channels now would lose that opportunity. I'd like to see E* test AMC-15 with 16 channels on a transponder before unleashing that on us customers.

JL

6. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    When AMC-2 becomes no longer needed at 105 West, SES Americom has requested permission to move it back to 85 West, mostly to provide Cband service there as it did before it moved to 105 West.

7. music_beans

music_beans Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2003
    Thanks for explaining! :)

8. chaddux

chaddux Banned User

Oct 10, 2004
    Well, you didn't ask that! You asked "what's up with the local channel swapping" and "what's going on with AMC-2 and AMC-15," not "what's going to happen to AMC-2 afterwards." If you don't ask the right question, no one can give you the right answer. Your original question, as asked, is not different. Now that you have CHANGED your question, it's a different thread.

9. Darkman

Darkman Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 16, 2002
    it's recEIver .. ( i ll try for you from now on ) :)

10. chaddux

chaddux Banned User

Oct 10, 2004
    Huh? No one said anything about a receiver. I guess that means I have to try and post in the "XXX started testing..." threads. :D

11. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    It comes down to if you want to spend your time picking on the small things or discussing satellite service. :D

I don't care if it is receiver or reciever. I'm not reading forums to learn spelling.

JL

12. Darkman

Darkman Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 16, 2002
    No...

It's just i noticed people were getting p*ssed off with you again... - so i thought to type RecEIver for ya correctly.. to try and put you in somewhat better mood :lol:

13. chaddux

chaddux Banned User

Oct 10, 2004
    :lol: I wasn't in a bad mood. Just explained to the OP the problem with his duplicate thread. The only one getting upset was the OP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.