1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

What's Up With The Sing-a-longs At Concerts?

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by SayWhat?, May 19, 2013.

1. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    We're talking big name rock bands here, not Mitch Miller.

I want to hear the band perform, not a bunch of screamin', wailin' off key, hippie dropout goombahs bellowing.

2. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    Compromise:

go to a Hum Along With Herman show.

3. Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411 Icon

Aug 26, 2007
    Feel the same way, not paying to hear the drunken idiots slur through a song they don't know. Not sure if it is laziness on the performers part or they really think they are doing good by getting "everyone" involved. Of course I like sitting at home and watching a concert on my plasma with surround sound more than battling the crowd and the guy in front of you that won't shut up at a overpriced concert. Plus I can talk and hear the next morning. Guess I am getting old. I'd also throw in the awful rap version they have to do of one of their classic songs that I have seen a few rock bands try and do at a concert. Last was Steve Miller Band turning Fly Like an Eagle into a rap for the last half, just about walked out after that.

4. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    And this has what to do with TV Shows?

5. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    Maybe it was a televised concert

6. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    Multiple, on different channels.

7. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    AXS, Palladia, VH1 ... many, many concerts are telecast.