1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats up with this new channel called gospel music?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by N5XZS, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 8, 2006 #1 of 12
    N5XZS

N5XZS Legend

Apr 25, 2002
    I stumbled on a new channel called Gospel Music channel on channel 996 and it's blacked out in my area.

Funny thing is we don't have this station in the Albuquerque TV market.:hurah:

Has anyones got this channel?

Pretty weard that they put this station in oddball channel number any ideas on that?

8-8-06

2. Aug 8, 2006 #2 of 12
    jpl

jpl Hall Of Fame

Jul 9, 2006
    I actually saw this talked about on another forum. There are some markets, apparently, where it's being shown. Some folks noticed that sometimes they get it and sometimes they don't. Finally, in some areas (including mine) it's not showing up on channel 996. It's showing up in the local list - channel 15 to be exact. One person noted that, for a few days, it kept flipping between 996 and 15 in his area! I've been able to get it on channel 15.

3. Aug 8, 2006 #3 of 12
    corsig

corsig Cool Member

May 16, 2006
    We have it also on ch 996 but it's only spanish programming for some reason.

4. Aug 9, 2006 #4 of 12
    Bobman

Bobman Hall Of Fame

Jan 3, 2006
    I have this on channel 15 in NJ.

I could think of other channels I would like to see them add more than this but I guess they think it was needed to go along with the 10+ religious talk channels.

5. newsposter

newsposter Hall Of Fame

Nov 12, 2003
    http://www.cable360.net/competition/telcos/22503.html

DirecTV is dropping Gospel Music Channel, which it launched in Aug. 2006 on its local channel lineup in 10 markets: Austin, Dallas, Denver, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Minneapolis, Orlando, Paducah, Philadelphia and San Antonio. [GMC] The Atlanta-based network added more than 1 million subs in Q4 '06 (ts highest increases since launching in 2004) thanks to expanded roll-outs on Comcast. It also launched in January on cable systems operated by Metrocast Cablevision and Blue Ridge Communications. GMC continues to roll out on Comcast systems including Jackson, MS, a former Time Warner Cable market that tomorrow launches Comcast's preferred programming line-up. [Jackson Clarion-Ledger]

6. army1

army1 Duplicate User (Account Closed)

Mar 22, 2006
    another wasted channel and bandwith

7. BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt

Nov 3, 2006
    "SHHHHHH..........HE might hear you.:engel02:

;)

As a gentle aside, I think any dedicated sports channel is a waste of bandwith so to each his/her own.:)

8. JeffBowser

JeffBowser blah blah blah

Dec 21, 2006
    Beg to differ.

9. dodge boy

dodge boy R.I.P. Chris Henry

Mar 31, 2006
    How's it wasted if this channel is going away? More like freed-up for some good programing...... :p

10. finaldiet

finaldiet Hall Of Fame

Jun 13, 2006
    I can think of quite a few channels that If they got rid of channels , we would have plenty of band-width for HD. There are a lot worst channels than the gospel music channel!

11. lwilli201

lwilli201 Hall Of Fame

Dec 22, 2006
    Missouri
    I guess having to use bandwidth on 10 different spot beams was just two much to justify keeping this channel. From my understanding it was not on a national beam.

It was on channel 15 in KC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.