1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your favorite forum?

Discussion in 'The OT' started by braven, Sep 17, 2011.

1. braven

braven Hall Of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    I visit dbstalk.com a few times daily. I always hit the same forums to see what's being talked about. I check the DIRECTV forums to see what everyone is cheering/complaining about. then I usually hit the "Sports Programming and Events" and "The OT" but my all time favorite forum is 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology". Being the techno geek I am, I can spend hours there perusing. So what's your favorite forum?

2. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Toss up between DirecTV General or HD Receivers mainly trying to help people.

3. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    I enjoy the Directv general discussion and it's sub forums.

Kevin

4. chevyguy559

chevyguy559 Fresno State Bulldog!

Sep 19, 2008
    Fresno, CA
    I always just click "New Posts" and browse thread titles for stuff that interests me :)

5. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    +1

I also like the new hidden forum, "Secrets".

6. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    That's my way, too. ;)

7. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule! DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    When I first became aware of DBSTalk, I was a Dish subscriber and visited the Dish forums regularly. At the time, I lived in a DMA where neither Dish nor DirecTV provided local stations or permission to provide distant network coverage, so I had basic cable and Roadrunner from Time Warner. One day, a rep from Time Warner came to my door and made an offer I couldn't refuse - bundled cable with High Def, phone and internet for less than I was then paying. It just so happened that I knew I'd be moving before the promotional pricing ended, so I accepted their offer and sold my Dish receivers (It was before the current leasing model).

When I joined my son and daughter in-law in purchasing our current home, I investigated the cost and practicality of satellite service. Although our house was prewired for TV, phone and internet, our needs for seven receivers due to cabling problems ruled out satellite service and we went with Windstream for phone and DSL and TWC for TV. We've since gone to all TWC for TV, phone and internet.

Through all this, I've styed with DBSTalk, just not participating in the satellite forums. I frequent the audio/video forums, Watercooler, OT and Tech talk on a regular basis.

8. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    The OT and TV Talk. I rarely visit the Dish Network Forums anymore which is what brought me to the site way back when. I love DBS Talk so much but it has changed so much since I first joined. What brought me here was local channels or the lack of locals on dish when I first became a sub. I used the site to research SHVRA looking for a loop hole to the distant network law. Also The Potpourri forum what wild times were spent there before it got out of hand and Chris was forced to make changes. Good times back then Good times......

9. BosFan

BosFan Legend

Sep 28, 2009
    Altoona, WI
    Same here, variety

10. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    If the front display of the Dish Forums shows no thread that catches my immediate interest, I check out the OT, TV Talk, and Tech Talk. Then I'll go back and check the Dish Forums, and the Legislative and Regulatory Issues Forum. Then I'll click the New Posts tab to see what else is interesting.

Of course, I'm always looking at the Dish posts for some deal to save money.

11. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    I usually go through the Dish forums and see if there are any problems I'd like to leave a comment on, then I hit the OT forums and general satellite.

For better or worse, I probably spent WAY too much time on the Tivo /Echostar trial / our "discussion" there of. Thank god that is now settled.

12. TheFigurehead

TheFigurehead AllStar

Mar 28, 2009
    Like a lot of others, I go to new posts and browse around. The threads I watch the most are Tivo HD, First Looks and DirecTV HD GUI. I also like to check out the for sale items.

13. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    See Avatar

<------ :)

14. webby_s

webby_s Hall Of Fame

Jan 11, 2008
    Favorite forums.... well CE first and foremost. Then maybe the rest of the D* forums and sub-forums but I frequent TV Talk a lot!

I usually always go right to the "New Posts" though

15. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Mets Paradise

Here, I go thru my email notices and then do new posts. Don't really have a favorite forum here.

16. Lucavex

Lucavex AllStar

Apr 26, 2011
    I usually frequent the OT, Tech Talk, Video Games, and the Dish Network forums. Love the kind of debate we can have here. Very lively.

17. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    I first hit the UserCP as I am subbed to quite a few threads, and if time, New Posts. But CE stuff is my favorite over most forums.

18. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Can't say I have any favorites. It's all good.

19. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Strictly New Posts