1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your opinion of the PQ..

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Dan the Cards fan, Apr 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan the Cards fan

Dan the Cards fan AllStar

Mar 17, 2006
    on the R15? I don't know if it's just me or what, but I feel the PG was better on my old Hugues box from 2000. I've adjusted the color on my TV. It just seems to me particulary on dark scenes that the pic just isn't that great.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

2. Wolffpack

Wolffpack Banned User

Jul 29, 2003
    I haven't really seen any difference, although I've never compared them on the same TV.

3. morgantown

morgantown Icon

Nov 15, 2005
    Never noticed anything worse or better in terms of the PQ. Although, oddly enough there are one or two folks here that swear the the PQ on the R15 is actually "better."

Quite subjective at best. I never noticed any difference either, FWIW.

4. samo

samo Mentor

Nov 9, 2002
    I never noticed any difference between PQ on R-10 and R-15 that I have on the same TV until I read here about PQ on R-15 being better. I did a simple (and very subjective) test by using split screen. If you look close enough you can see that R-15 has somewhat sharper picture than R-10 and slightly more saturated colors. Not enough difference to see it unless you use split screen and compare PQ side by side. Now, it is possible that I would see similar difference between 2 R-10s or 2 R-15s, but I'm not curios enough to do this kind of testing. To me PQ is quite good on either R-10 or R-15.

5. Clint Lamor

Clint Lamor Hall Of Fame

Nov 15, 2005
    At times it could simply be the cable used to connect to the TV that increases or decreases the PQ.

6. cabanaboy1977

cabanaboy1977 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    I think the PQ looks better than the UTV's that I have. Not much better but it seems like a little clear picture. (same TV and cables) I didn't do a side by side compare but it just seemed better.

7. d0ug

d0ug Legend

Mar 22, 2006
    Overall id say the picture quality is the same, maybe a little better than my old D10.

However recently I’ve noticed that the picture quality of some of the networks has gone down the crapper, 2 I can think of off the top of my head our local FOX (Tampa, FL) and G4 . I still have good sat signal. So i assume they are just compressing the hell out of these networks. Other networks, National Geographic comes to mind looks pristine, esp when they are playing something in HD. It seems to also improve the SD quality a bit.

8. Bobman

Bobman Hall Of Fame

Jan 3, 2006
    I think the picture quality is better on the R-15 than the R-10. I swap mine back and forth a lot and use the same wires, same TV's, same everything and it just looks crisper. A lot of people say the R-10 has fuzzier menus overall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.