1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

WHDH Channel 7 (Boston) Signal Strength

Discussion in 'Local Reception' started by davidmartinez2001, May 18, 2013.

1. davidmartinez2001

davidmartinez2001 New Member

May 18, 2013
    Dracut,MA
    Hello All,

I recently left D* and installed an outdoor antenna with a TIVO and Roku in the mix. Everything has been
    good the last few weeks. I noticed that the signal strength from WHDH Channel 7.1 has been getting
    worse, when I started with this antenna that channel regularly peaked at 83 to 84, while Channel 4.1, 5.1
    and 25.1 all were and still are this morning peaking at 100. This morning channel 7.1 peaked at 63 and
    the signal is choppy.

Two questions.
    1. Is there something I can do? (The antenna could go higher on the side of the house)
    2. Is there something going on (maintenance or otherwise) at the channel 7 site?

Antenna: RCA ANT800 (includes amplifier)
    Side of house facing towers
    Antenna could go 10 to 12 feet higher on that side of the house
    Antenna is parallel to the side of the house

Best Regards,
    David

2. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    Additional height might help.

Using an approximation of your location - at 10 ft AGL 7.1 is 1 edge while all others are LOS.

At 25 ft AGL all are line of sight.

3. davidmartinez2001

davidmartinez2001 New Member

May 18, 2013
    Dracut,MA
    Antenna Web suggested facing 169 to 171 degrees which I am doing (approximately), the height would be key, if
    I can get it to the top of the house that would give it decent height topping at about 25-27 feet.

Thank you for your thoughts,
    David