1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Wheels for MOR racks

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by AntAltMike, Mar 21, 2013.

1. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    I just installed a SMATV headend of two MOR-84 racks, and I had to squeeze them into a tight space such that, any time I have to service them, I'll have to wrestle them forward. What is available for wheels/ rollers/ casters/ trolleys that I might just put and leave under them?

[​IMG]

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Check your local Lowe's or Home Depot.

Or contact the supplier of the racks.

3. cabletech

cabletech Legend

Jan 20, 2011
    You can go to any hardware store or Harbor Frieght and be able to find all types of wheel assembly's that will work.

You can also contact the people you got the rack from and they should be able to help you out.

4. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    I neglected to include the term "cheap" in my description of particulars. I remember back arounbd 1980, I bought some really cheap, low profile plastic roller type mini dolleies that were made just so you could occasionally roll out your refrigerator for cleaning under and behind it without damaging the flooring. The "wheels" in them were little more than rollers. I'm sure they cost under $10 back then. Given that the racks have already been stuffed and installed and weight nearly a couple hundred pounds each, and that the customer isn't going to be paying me any more to add them on. I'm not looking to spend too much or do too much work just to make my future service calls a little easier.

5. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    Found 'em! They're still under $6/coupled pair (need two for stability), plus shipping.

[​IMG]

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-_-pla-_-Fitness+Accessories-_-9SIA00Y0GG6625

http://www.thetoolworkshop.com/shepherdhardwareplasticapplianceroller9848.aspx

Home Depot has a better grade of product made of metal for more money, but when you subtract the shipping I'd be saving, it wold only cost me about $10 more per rack to get the better product and get it today.