1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

When Baseball and Gymnastics collide

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by dpeters11, Apr 21, 2010.

1. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
  2. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Believe it or not, I did that exact same thing in a game in college, but I overshot the plate by about 6" and the catcher tagged me out before I could go back and tag it.

edit: Oh, and I had a toothpick in my mouth the whole time. :)

3. webby_s

webby_s Hall Of Fame

Jan 11, 2008
    I had to post this on my facebook page (and I never post on facebook) just because it was such a riot to watch!

The catcher wasn't even close to tagging him (if you watch it a couple times) but that manager wasn't giving up.

4. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I was expecting them to contend he left the baseline. He was on the line, just more above it than is normal :)

5. BobbySteelz

BobbySteelz Godfather

May 24, 2007
    That was pretty impressive, I've always thought that that would probably work.