1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When does everyone get 153?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by llunken777, Mar 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. llunken777

llunken777 AllStar

Mar 24, 2002
    Could anyone tell me how long it usually takes for everyone to get the new software upgrades? I still haven't received the new 153 as of yet. I've been looking forward to caller id and search for a long time on my 501. Another question is the caller id both name and number call id or just does it just display the number only. Will if display called id info if the phone rings while I am watching a recorded event or does it only work while watching live programming? Thank you.

2. Tony S

Tony S AllStar

Mar 28, 2002
    EchoStar usually sends the software upgrades out in batches, upgrading several thousands of receivers at a time. Supposedly, if they upgraded everyone at the same time, they would get too many customers phoning in to their call centers.

There is no way to force an upgrade, you just have to wait until it's your turn. Some software revisions have taken over two weeks (after someone first reported receiving it) for my501 to get the upgrade.

3. John Corn

John Corn Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    I'm usually one of the last to get the upgrade to. :(
    I really dont expect to get mine, based on past upgrades, till the first of next week. Here's your answer to Caller ID.

Caller ID:

Transparent Banner at the bottom of the screen
    Name: xxxxxxxxx
    Tel: xxxxxxxxxx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.