1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When should Hitler been killed?

Discussion in 'The OT' started by missileman, Apr 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. missileman

missileman Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

May 28, 2004
    Are we willing to eliminate the next Hitler before he kills millions?

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    A better question is, how do you know when the next Hitler is the next Hitler?

If you killed him as a baby in his crib, you would have saved millions... but you would have killed an innocent baby.

There was a movie a few years back, Minority Report, based on a futuristic society and ability to predict violent crimes (like murder) so police could be sent to arrest people before they commit the horrible crime.

The thing was, people they were arresting were always innocent and in many cases hadn't even conceived of the future crime for which they were being arrested... and of course since the arrest prevented the future crime, then technically the people weren't guilty.

3. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    We are not willing to do that. The world generally generally waits until after millions have died---and even then they may not act.

4. Fifty Caliber

Fifty Caliber Banned User

Jan 4, 2006
    I don't think the current White House administration has the guts to take out the Iranian president.

5. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Millions of us, or millions of people we don't really care about?

6. jonstad

jonstad Hall Of Fame

Jun 27, 2002
    You don't eliminate him, you go into business with him, amass a fortune, and with any luck maybe your son can become President of the USA. If you play your cards just right, maybe your grandson too!
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1312540,00.html

:D

7. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    This was actually the plot of one of the first episodes of the new Twilight Zone series. Interesting story.

8. Ray_Clum

Ray_Clum Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    And was the plot of the film "Minority Report"

As far as Hitler himself, I would have had him executed for treason during the Beer Hall Putsch, but our European friends didn't have the death penalty, so they just jailed him for some time and then let him out... the rest, as they say, is history.

As far as the "next Hitler", that is a hindsight designation. If we off the Iranian president, or Kim Jung Il, before they have a chance to do anything, then it is pure speculation. However, if Kim Jung Il invades South Korea, nukes Tokyo and Honolulu or if Iran invades Iraq to create the Grand Islamic Republic and nukes Tel Aviv, then that would probably qualify them as the "next Hitler."

There are some people, including some on this board, that consider GW Bush, the "next Hitler." However, in a construct of history, it is still to be determined, Hitler kept his troops in countries Germany invaded and butched local populations. GW Bush is stating that he intends to pull out of Iraq and Afghanistan, but at this point it is still conjecture at worst and planning at best, no actions have been taken to lower troop levels overall in the occupied countries.

9. missileman

May 28, 2004
    I saw an interesteing TV show a few weeks ago. They demonstrated that perp misplaced the bomb in the bunker by only a few inches behind the leg of the meeting table. Had the bomb been placed in front of the table leg, Hitler would have been killed. In stead, he suffered a few leg injuries...

10. dodge boy

dodge boy R.I.P. Chris Henry

Mar 31, 2006

you might want to tally up the Iraqi civilian fatalities caused by this administration before you point fingers......

11. dodge boy

Mar 31, 2006

When? Last I heard he said it would be a decision for a future president. :nono:

12. BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    Depending on who you talk to, an extreme leftie might have thought you were hinting at Bush. (Hey, stand down the missiles, I don't think that way, but that's the way I thought you were going).

These idiots THINK they are gaining stature by tweaking us. They know that we don't have the political capital or resources to go after him, so he is all fire and bluster in order to gain concessions. "Throw a lot of money at us and we'll behave..... for a year, until we spend it... and then we'll start the process all over again."

IF they took a single threatening move towards Israel, THEY would turn the place into a parking lot.

We need to pull back and heal for a while. We've got thousands of dead and maimed soldiers and we're weary. I'm still open minded and hope that our little experiment in Afganistan and Iraq will yield good results long term, but we need to get through the next few years and begin to unwind tensions there.

By being there we are pumping up the resistance as their numbers swell, while we have an increasingly tough time getting new recruits to sign up for our armed forces (and who would blame them?)

We keep spending billions trying to build a gazillion toys capable of repelling China, when they are just as happy selling us everything they produce. You don't attack your best customer. It's bad for business.

Meanwhile, our Army has to scrounge for hillbilly armor to try and defend against IEDs that the rebels can build for a few bucks.

As for the Iranian president, he is all words right now, and many of the uneducated folks over there agree with him, since everything bad done to Israel is shrugged off, while every move made by Israel is amplified and excoriated. There is NO way to convince these types and he is playing to the home team crowd (think O'Reiley to the hard right or Franken to the hard left). We should let Russia and Europe take this one. They don't want a Muslim superpower anymore than we do..... (Witness Chechnya or France with their recent riots)

13. missileman

May 28, 2004
    Do you think the Administration has EVER purposely targeted civilians? Yes or No?

Do the insurgents?

Does Hamas?

14. pjmrt

pjmrt Hall Of Fame

Jul 17, 2003
    Was this story the one opposite the "Elvis teaming with Bigfoot for comeback tour"?

15. dodge boy

Mar 31, 2006
    When you bomb residential areas what do you think you are targeting? So I would have to say, Yes. :nono:

16. tomcrown1

tomcrown1 Hall Of Fame

Jan 16, 2006
    good missleman I do not need your feedback please ignore me

17. HD921

HD921 AllStar

May 1, 2004

Oh I thought you were talking about George Bush:mad:

18. juan ellitinez

juan ellitinez Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 31, 2003
    Should a Woman file for divorce before her Husband commits adultery?..Should a sinner go to Hell before he sins?? Should Timothy Mcveigh have been eliminated at birth??

19. dodge boy

Mar 31, 2006
    If the woman knew he was a cheater, why did she marry him in the first place? As for the sinner..... God already knows. Tim Mcveigh was just a typical good republican.

Seriously though, why is it that people like Mussilini, Tim Mcveigh, Hitler, the american nazi party, the KKK, and fundamentalists of all brands are all right leaning conservative people? see any coincidences here? Maybe the question should be, "If you know someone has conservative leanings should we eliminate them?". :)

20. juan ellitinez

juan ellitinez Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 31, 2003
    Mussolini was a Liberal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.