1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When will the H20 autotune to the HD channel?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by schlar01, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schlar01

schlar01 Godfather

Jul 16, 2007
    Maybe it does already and I have no change something, not sure. If not, when will the H20 get an upgrade to autotune to the HD version of a channel? Just curious if anyone has any more info.

2. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    If you are talking about it changing to the SD version instead of the HD version it should be soon. It has been fixed in the last couple of CE updates. So as soon as it goes national it will be fixed.

3. jtn

jtn Banned User

Oct 18, 2007
    I thought it already does this, since the first channel (except for about two) are the HD channels and the bottom is the SD channel.

For instance:

623 NESN HD
    623 NESN SD

They have the same channel number but, the first 623 is the HD channel. So if you set autotune to 623 it will go to the HD channel since that is before the SD channel.

4. jefbal99

jefbal99 Hall Of Fame

Sep 7, 2007
    Hopefully this goes national soon, its very odd that some channels on the H20 are in the proper order, but most have the SD first, then the HD second.

Last CE was early october

5. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    This is moved to the HD receiver forum.

6. sr6376

sr6376 AllStar

Sep 18, 2007
    This is what is supposed to happen, but currently does not (atleast for the H20). I am anxiously awaiting the update so that typing in a channel auto-tunes to the HD instead of the SD.

7. jostarr

jostarr AllStar

Dec 14, 2006
    Where and or how do you set 'autotune' that you mentioned above for an H20????
    On my H20's I get the following when I punch in 622:

622 YES SD
    622 YES HD

Obviously, one would not want to have to hit the channel up to get the HD.

8. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    It is a problem with the national release software. It has been fixed with the last couple of CE updates and will be fixed with the next national release update. Hopefully it will not be to much longer until the next update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.