1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When will XM be back to normal?

Discussion in 'Sirius XM General Discussion' started by Scott Greczkowski, Aug 1, 2003.

1. Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski Banned User

Mar 21, 2002
    For the last 2 days XM has been having a problem and have been operating off there backup system, there have been no DJ's (most stations such as the 80's channel has been repeating the same 8 hour backup loop for the past 2 days), most of the titles on the screen are listed wrong or have 111111 after the names. Some channels dont have any artist title information at all.

I am glad they have these backup systems, but these 8 hour loops are getting a little tired. Has anyone heard anything?

2. Uncle Peter

Uncle Peter AllStar

Jun 26, 2002
    I thought My Sony Plug & Play was malfunctioning.

3. Scott Greczkowski

Mar 21, 2002
    I see 20 on 20 is back to normal, other stations still playing their backup loops.

It must have been a hell of a server problem. :)

4. charlesml3

charlesml3 New Member

Aug 4, 2003
    I was wondering what was going on with XM. I usually stay around the 40's with Fred on 44 and Ethel on 47. I haven't heard a DJ in two weeks. No specials, nothing but a rotation. I was beginning to wonder if they had fired everyone in preparaion for closing shop. Good to know that's not the issue!

Charles

5. Scott Greczkowski

Mar 21, 2002
    Everything was back to normal as of Sunday. :)

Must have been a big crash.

6. BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    I called on Friday to Tech Support to find out if my receiver was the culprit as some of the channels were fine and others had the 11111111111 errors or no channel description at all.

Got through, and the recorded message said "no system wide problems at this time" or something to that effect. Uh huh.

Got through to a human being, and they said they were aware of the problem and were working on it.

Everythuing back to normal as best as I can tell this morning.