1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where can i get replacement LNBs for AT9 dish

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by sturub, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sturub

sturub Mentor

Sep 16, 2006
    HELP !!!!

2. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Google it

3. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    sturub, is there a reason you're not interested in calling DIRECTV?

4. sturub

sturub Mentor

Sep 16, 2006
    ::confused:

5. sturub

sturub Mentor

Sep 16, 2006
    the problem is I periodically will get pixelization followed by searching for satellite only on hd locals and mpeg 4 hd channels - all else is fine

they have repalced groundign block, connectors, realigned dish....they say its not the lnbs.....

6. techrep

techrep Hall Of Fame

Sep 15, 2007
    They are quite possibly wrong. Baised on your intel, I would suspect the LNB, or the multiswitch in the LNB, first. A bad connector second and a bad cable third.

7. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick Icon

Aug 25, 2006
    Long Island
    Unless there is a specific reason that you need the AT9 instead of the Slimline, it's probably easier to replace the dish, rather than try to find the LNB's.

I need the AT9, because of a multi-dish install. Because I'm afraid of needing to get an LNB replaced in the future, and having DirecTV tell me that my only option is to get a Slimline, I bought a used set of LNB's off of ebay and then, because nobody else had bid on it, I bought a second AT9 dish off of ebay that I'm going to keep in storage as a backup.

If you need to stick with an AT9, I would suggest keeping an eye open on ebay for the LNB's or you can buy another AT9 dish on ebay. There are currently 2 AT9 up for auction.

8. K4SMX

K4SMX Hall Of Fame

May 19, 2007
    You might want to be kind of careful buying AT-9 LNB's on eBay. You wouldn't want to be buying someone else's 99/101/103 LNB that doesn't work very well on 103(b)...

9. Rob77

Rob77 Godfather

Sep 24, 2007
    Why if you have a mult-dish setup....do you need a AT9 dish and not a Slimline?
    I'm getting a Slimline to replace my sidecar dish and have a mult-dish setup:confused:

10. eilloc

eilloc Mentor

May 17, 2007
    northern WI
    I had the same problem with the new MPEG4 HD channels--picture would drop out and 771 searching for satellite error. HD locals are not available in my area. They did try realignment first which didn't help. My AT-9 dish was from 05/2006; D* sub replaced it free of charge with a new Slimline--now the newer MPEG HD channels are working perfectly now. The old AT-9 was considered defective; it's sitting in my garage waiting for the dumpster.

11. techrep

techrep Hall Of Fame

Sep 15, 2007
    I realize that your AT9 was defective, and there are others out there, but many work just fine. I suspect that the OP will experience the same results as you.

12. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick Icon

Aug 25, 2006
    Long Island

Nobody has been able to get a multi-dish installation to work with a Slimline. See this thread for the multi-dish configurations that have been verified to work.

13. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick Icon

Aug 25, 2006
    Long Island
    Yeah, that's why I bought a new dish as a backup when it became available cheap. However, I only spent $15 on the used LNB's. So, I figured that it was worth the risk of not working.

14. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I read these threads constantly and I have come to this conclusion: The problem is usually caused by something somebody did, not by the hardware.

15. techrep

techrep Hall Of Fame

Sep 15, 2007
    I am guessing 60/40. Post #5 indicates, an attempt at, troubleshooting by a install tech; leading me to believe that; the ultimate out come will probably, be like post #10

!devil12: Shoulder :angel:

16. Milominderbinder2

Milominderbinder2 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Oct 8, 2006
    DIRECTV has a new Case Management Group that specializes in your kind of problems.

Call DIRECTV again and ask for them.

- Craig

17. hd4me

hd4me Mentor

Aug 23, 2006
    Hamburg, NJ
    Dude, i feel your Pain. Season ticket holder here and it's tough!
    Tell Mangenious he better put on his thinking cap and dump Chad.
    Between the Jets and this Error 771 driving me nuts.
    Lets hope Clemens can put our season back together.

18. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I gotta go up on the roof and see what model my dish is. Mine was installed in the early part of '05 too. Don't have many problems, but a new one couldn't hurt.

Thanx.

19. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    The day (Opening Day!) Vinnie ruptured his Achilles tendon I knew the Gods of Football would not smile upon the Jets for a very long time. Ask yourself this: How many times in the history of the NFL has a starting QB ruptured an Achilles on Opening Day?

Did you see them in the Titan's uniforms? Weren't good then either. Oh well, at least we got a little QB controversy to stir things up.

How long has your 5LNB dish been up? Mine was installed in early '05 and I had to get it realigned to get the new channels in properly.

20. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Can you tell us some more about the new Case Management Group? What specific issues do they address?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.