1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where does the movie ratings stars come from?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by DrZ, Jun 3, 2010.

1. DrZ

DrZ Godfather

Nov 13, 2006
    Sorry if this has been posted before but I looked and didn't find anything. I was wondering where DTV gets the stars it uses to rate movies?

2. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    Me. They send me a list of movies every week and I rate them. It's quite time consuming, but I'm happy to contribute.

I have no idea. I actually wondered the same thing when I first saw them.

3. Tulsacoker

Tulsacoker AllStar

Jun 1, 2010
    Not sure either but would guess it come from the company that supplies the guide.

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Tribune News Services.

5. DJ Lon

DJ Lon Legend

Nov 3, 2005
    Speaking of movie ratings, both my DVRs got software upgrades (0x459) this morning and now there seems to be no more star ratings for movies. Can any one else confirm this?

6. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Starting at $19.95 (+S&H), you can create your very own movie rating system. All you need is a bunch of these ****** and some of these **** and you can start your own personal rating system (starter kit). Now all you need is a place to stick them where other people will notice. Just think -- you no longer need to rely on the opinions of others.

Optional Extras:
    * $2/dozen
    * $1/dozen

Places to stick them - $999 each, 2fer $1000

But wait...!

:sure:

7. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    It can take a day or two after a software update for those to reappear. Patience.